Fallout: New Vegas - PC Version Patched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From the Bethsoft forums:
The incremental update (v 1.2.0) we mentioned late last week should now be up on Steam.

These are the issues it covers.
- Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
- Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
- Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
- Fix: DLC error/save corruption
- Fix: Stuttering with water effects
- Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
- Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
- Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
- Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
- Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
- Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
- Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
- Fix: If a companion is knocked uncon. with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
- Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam.
- Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
- Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
- Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND.
As mentioned previously, we still have a comprehensive update coming for PC, 360, and PS3.
There's an additional post about potential problems:
After updating to v 1.2.0, if you're having issues opening New Vegas, try re-verify the files.

1) Open Steam
2) Right click on Fallout: New Vegas
3) Hit Properties
4) Click the "Local Files" tab
5) Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

If that doesn't work, delete your ini files and repeat steps 1-5
More information.

After getting this patch I encounter big control issues, almost making the game impossible to play (as I have to save/load to fix it): Suddenly, the game doesn't react to the keys for VATS, holstering the weapon, etc. - or reacts two times, for example firing two bullets instead of one or "pouncing" forward suddenly (while walking). I experienced nothing like this before the patch.

I am having issues with the bullet by bullet load revolvers, such as the .357 magnum. As before, I sometimes am unable to fire for a period of time after reloading. VATS is also inaccessible during this time. I also had an odd bug last night where I only had 1 bullet left to load into the chamber and the reloading animation kept going and going. I'd say I loaded at least twelve non-existent bullets into the chamber, although the game still acknowledged I only had one available.

No issues with other weapons or with the game were detected aside from that last night.

I have the same problem with not being able to fire after reloading certain guns. Do you have the quick reload perk? I have the suspicion that it might only speed up the animation, but not the actual reloading of the weapon, which would lead to a discrepancy between animation and the time you are able to fire.

According to official boards - some serious problems popped up due to this patch, like monsters becoming unkillable and some such.

I know people are fond of Obsidian and will forgive anything - but at some point, realism must set in, and to be honest they shouldn't be able to get away with this kind of thing again and again.

At some point they MUST take Q/A and technical quality seriously.

I'm a big fan myself, but I'm certainly not going to buy this game until it works proper.

The unkillable monsters thing is fixed.

Patch fixed my problems with performance so I could delete the fanmade dll file. The nicest thing is the added waypoints for companions on the map.

think so. But what I dont understand is that I already have the patch! How did I get it? Was this already out for a week or so?

Maybe you just didn't notice that Steam was downloading it? Because it certainly wasn't up a week ago. Steam downloaded the patch very quickly this morning for me, I almost wouldn't have noticed if not for the little popup that informed me that Fallout: New Vegas had completed its download.

I know people are fond of Obsidian and will forgive anything - but at some point, realism must set in, and to be honest they shouldn't be able to get away with this kind of thing again and again.

At some point they MUST take Q/A and technical quality seriously.

Yes, they have to take Q/A more seriously. But I'm still going to buy every single Obsidian game. Because even with all the bugs every game I played to date had a far better fun/euro ratio than most of the really polished and bug free games. It's the same with Gothic (1 & 2 and even 3)for example. And if I have a lot of fun even if I have to edit ini files and dx files than I'm just going to buy the game. Simply because I think it's worth it.

Btw, that does not mean that they shouldn't fix the bugs. They damn well should because that stupid nVidia stutter problem is annoying ( I haven't played the game with the new patch yet).

I really didn't notice any changes after the download, but I hadn't read the fix list either. I just played the game. The game has been fairly stable for me though, so I wasn't anxiously awaiting the patch. I'm a rifle user, for the most part, so I hadn't noticed slow reloads. I'll be sure to fire some pistols and see if I'm getting the slow animations. I'll try VATS too. I do use VATS once in a while; normally if I get surrounded by several targets or if my melee companion is in my line of sight.

Yes, they have to take Q/A more seriously. But I'm still going to buy every single Obsidian game. Because even with all the bugs every game I played to date had a far better fun/euro ratio than most of the really polished and bug free games. It's the same with Gothic (1 & 2 and even 3)for example. And if I have a lot of fun even if I have to edit ini files and dx files than I'm just going to buy the game. Simply because I think it's worth it.

Btw, that does not mean that they shouldn't fix the bugs. They damn well should because that stupid nVidia stutter problem is annoying ( I haven't played the game with the new patch yet).

Couldn't have said it better myself. I still view it simply as I would rather have a bug ridden masterpiece that will get patched eventually to having Dragon Age 2-like crap......I still can't believe the total reversal on DA, but that's another rant for another day. :)

Oh my god, I'm glad I'm not the only one with unkillable monsters.. I was braving Black Mountain and found I was unable to kill the Centaurs….. I meant I tried ALOT. I surprisingly lived a long time despite being on the hardest difficulty. Must be Boone ;)

It was a pretty funny bug tho. lol

I dropped the fan-made patch too. It wasn't improving anything for me. I killed a ton of fiends after patching, so I guess I don't have the monster bug :)

The essential monsters bug was already fixed as of this morning (I'm in the CET time zone in case you are wondering). It seems there are problems with lever actions weapons (both for the player and enemies) but I'm playing a melee character and I canceled most of the saves of my old character to keep the number of saves low, so I haven't tested that.

The patch+hotfix are very much worth it. If it weren't for the hotfix, I would have said hold off but the hotfix patched the unkillable monster issue and was released only a couple of hours after the patch.

The greatest and most pleasant surprise is that this patch rendered corrupt saves of mine useable once again! That is great news as the save-fixer utility I was writing had only been marginally successful.

I see that although I bought the retail English version of the game (in Poland), apparently I'm not entitled to the patch. I have to wait (as all other customers from Poland) until some other company (1C, I guess) prepares a special version of the patch... even though my game is registered on Steam, and IS the English version! I don't like being treated like a second-rate customer...

I'm a big fan myself, but I'm certainly not going to buy this game until it works proper.
You would really rather spend your money on bug-free RPG pretenders like ArcaniA than on Obsidian's "flawed" RPGs?

Back
Top Bottom