FastCrawl

dteowner

Shoegazer
Since I've been spending a fair bit of time with this little diddy and I know several others here are in the same boat, I thought it might be fun to start a thread of observations. I'm constantly finding out the "ins and outs" of the game by trial and error, and figured it might make things better if we all share our findings.

I've progressed to challenge level, and just won a medium length game. I thought we were going to run out of food on level 3, but ran into 3 straight chests of supplies that pulled me thru.

Observations:
1) "Steal mana" only works if the critter you attack has mana. I know...DUH...but I just figured it out.
2) Once you get a blind/paralyze weapon, the game is as good as won.
3) Critters don't like to attack warriors. I've toyed with the idea of putting only a warrior in the front row, but haven't gotten enough decent ranged weapons in the same game to make the experiment viable.
4) From a points standpoint, it's probably best to have a rogue maxed out in finding secret doors. It's frustrating to get to the score screen and discover how much you missed because your rogue was a trap meister.

A few off the top of my head are-

-Always heal as much as possible before you rest, thus using less supplies when you finally do rest.

-Dont forget to actually USE your rogue's "rush" power after he or she gets it.

-melee characters can all dual-wield a short sword in their off-hand

-You can fight the final battle again, if youd like. Just hit "continue" next time you fire up the game.

4) From a points standpoint, it's probably best to have a rogue maxed out in finding secret doors. It's frustrating to get to the score screen and discover how much you missed because your rogue was a trap meister.

That is definitely true ... I was strutting around thinking I'd found everything and ...well, I hadn't.

Won a short game on fiendish level, so I did. Got a few more thoughts to add:
1) "Rush" is very useful, probably more than intellect or perception.
2) Pay close attention to the initiative order. Careful planning will allow you to make killing blows before a critter gets his chance to attack.
3) Under the right circumstances, it can be wise to pass on your attack so that a different character will get to land the death blow (another chance to steal life or steal mana).

an elementary one is:

- Dont go down those stairs too soon! Explore the floor as much as reasonably possible. Better Equipment > Improved abilities

Too many times I found myself running down the stairs as soon as I found them, wanting the next levels worth of abilities. While pumping up the volume on your stats and perks ASAP is tempting, if youre only wearing basic armor and using lame weapons, youre going to end up getting your ass kicked regardless.

I played through FastCrawl a handful of times after it was first released. Man, it's a fun little game.

I'll definately have to take some of these tips into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom