Two Worlds - V1.3 Patch

Wow, that's pretty much every bug I've encountered, nice work! I'm impressed by the hard work the developers have put into making the game solid, I hope they keep it up.

nice patch -

I have started a new game with v1.3 patch on the hard difficulty setting - and the game is much better balanced.

nice patch -

I have started a new game with v1.3 patch on the hard difficulty setting - and the game is much better balanced.

What were the previous balancing issues?

One-hitting enemies not too long after you started the game because you could stack items so fast you ended up with redicilously powerful weapons and armor. All you really have to do is visit all vendors once a day or so in the major cities and look for specific items that stack, and you'll be overpowered in no time.

I have not tested the new patch yet and how it scales, but I'll trust HiddenX when he says it's better balanced.

Three patches less than two weeks after release? You certainly can't blame them for lack of effort. Apparently, after much grumbling on the official forums about the almost total absence of female NPCs, they even patched some more women into the game with this latest update (Are you paying attention Piranha Bytes?)
I wonder if anyone can confirm whether the horse riding has really been improved. Nothing was mentioned in the patch notes, but a number of players on the German forums are saying that it "feels" much better now.

I am at level 21 again and the fights are still challenging (I am playing a HTH fighter and use magic only for healing on the Hard-difficulty setting).

With the old patches I was god at level 16 or so.

With patch 1.3 stacking and element bonuses have have a much lesser effect on the items. The enemy archers do lesser damage now - many gamers complained that the archers were too powerful.

I can't tell much about riding - I don't use the horses much.
In my opinion it is realistic that riding through deep woods is difficult.

Last edited:
I have actually loved the horse riding so far and it isn't really difficult but when trying to ride up steep roads it is impossible but I'll try it now and other then that the only other problem I have had was with archers one shot killing me and it looks like that is fixed.

Good to hear. I suspect the"MMORPG mode" was much harder than they anticipated and they wasted a lot of time playing with that but at least the patches sound significant.

On the other hand, I've heard the (English) dialogue is pretty dire, which won't change.

Horse riding is quite nice actually, works well. My advice is to use them on the road when travelling far, and dismount when you venture into the woods. There are horses all over the place, so there's no need to try and drag one horse around the world, just place them a bit strategically near teleporters.

Horse riding is quite a big problem in my opinion, but I also play with patch v. 1.2. It's such a pain in the arse, that I've completely abandoned horse riding. But horse riding actually isn't very necessary in Two Worlds. Your character runs OK fast and patch 1.3 should have made it even faster according to the change log. But numerous teleports are scattered around the world and they are quite fine as a means of transportation.

patch v1.4

Patch v1.4 will be soon uploaded:

Changelog 1.4

For points marked with *) game has to be started from the beginning: Main Menu ->Start New Game.
Using save games will disable patch functionality for those points and may lead to unexpected results.

Balancing:

*) - Monsters strength and HP rebalanced
*) - Bandits strength rebalanced
*) - Bows strength rebalanced
*) - Melee combat weapons rebalanced
*) - Traps rebalanced
*) - Magic rebalanced
*) - Skills rebalanced
*) - Skill requirements rebalanced
*) - Equipment requirements rebalanced
*) - Weight rebalanced
*) - Objects stacking rebalanced
*) - fighting from horse - not so powerful
*) - Immunity added to some enemies (e.g. skeletons are immune for piercing and slashing, fire dragons are immune to Fire)

New features:

- Faster graphic rendering on nVidia Graphic Cards.
- Moving/selling multiple objects - with Left Ctrl pressed.
- Vit., Str., Dex., Willp. - timed potion effect displayed in inventory.
- Inventory space increased.
- New graphic settings added DOF, Horizon, water reflections, hit info, player info
- Bow auto aiming option added
- Magic aiming cursor visible even if attacking spell is not highlighted
*) - Killing NPCs inside houses - invisible for other NPCs
*) - 4 new armour sets added.
*) - More Animals in villages (hens, ducks, gooses).
*) - Magic shop near first teleport in Komorin.
*) - Brotherhood shop at Vesit Delurna Coral.

Fixed bugs:

*) - Soulpatcher gives more points than you actually have - fixed.
*) - Quest with Nellor - fixed
*) - Fariel is dying killed by spider.
*) - Death strike skill fixed.
*) - Guards harassing player after paying one of them with 30% - fixed
*) - torches stacking
- Many clipping bugs on various maps - fixed.
- Disarming arrow - crash - fixed
- Not working heavy maces -fixed
- Bombs explosions - fixed
- Horse behaviour - improved
- screens zooms while upgrading a skill
- game crash when buying spell card magic hammer and trying to add it directly to my active spell.
- If you set the spell bar focus to a defensive spell you can't use a hotkey of any offensive spell that needs a target because the char doesn't aim (and all the spells will hit the floor). It would be good if the cross-hair is always visible

Impressive. I was going to pass on this game, but with this level of support and effort it might be worth a shot. If this is "Oblivion done right," I'm with it. :)

These dev's are seriously listening to the fan-base feedback and reacting and delivering with alarming alacrity.........wow!

Will this now raise the games rating position.....(somewhere between Oblivion and Gothic 3) was previously implied?

I'd just like to get my hands on it!! :)

I'm not sure which version is being released here, but I've had my pre-order in for weeks!!

Is RPGWatch gonna do a review?

Back
Top Bottom