Reggie Brown incident shows REAL GOP

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFguV0MkkoI&feature=player_embedded

Couldn't have said it better myself than the author on theroot.com

"What, jokes about the president's racial heritage are funny, but satirical jabs at the campaigns being run by Republicans are off-limits? We're not sure what rankles more: the gut-busting laughter at the race-based Obama jokes, or the hypocrisy they showed when they thought Brown had gone too far."

It goes against the motto of self-adulation. The republicans are hardly the only group guilty of it. Ricky Gervais' latest hosting of the Golden Globes springs to mind.

Who cares what theroot.com has to say?

Here's another quote from that author..

"As I vowed when The Root inaugurated this column, there ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough to keep me from delving into the foibles of the political right wing. Thus, at considerable risk to my mental health, I subjected myself to the entire two hours of CNN's Republican presidential debate on Monday night so that you wouldn't have to."

That site is obviously biased, and I don't think it was the race-based jokes that offended him as much as the fact that they were coming from a Republican.

There are certainly better examples if you're trying to manufacture an issue.

Further details:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-cnn-obama-impersonator,0,5511309.story

RLC President and CEO Charlie Davis said the performance had gone too far and was getting inappropriate.

"Had I been in the room I would have pulled him sooner. We have zero tolerance for racially insensitive jokes. As soon as I realized what was going on I rushed backstage and had him pulled," Davis told CNN.

Back
Top Bottom