King's Bounty - E3 Trailer

I'm curious if it will be a remake of Heroes of Might and Magic, an update of the original or be its own game.

I spent C$40 that I didn't have in 1986 for the original and was disgusted when I finished it 10 hours later. I was having so much too. :(

Oooooooohhh NOOOO!! My sense of "the English language raped" hath reached red alert. C'mon, they can't even arrange the subject and the predicate, not to mention the proper use of tenses?! FFS, what the heck do they want on the Anglo-Saxon market with such crap??

Why don't these guys simply spend a little more and hire a native speaker to re-write their translations? I firmly believe that doing so would translate into more sales making it well worth the small extra cost!!

Or just get a fan to do it for a small fee. Gothic 2 NotR had a free, fanmade translation before the english version came out. It wasn't perfect, but it was understandable.

Does poor translations really bother people? It just doesn't matter to me at all. As long as I can figure out what was said, I'm fine with it. But, I also read a lot of historic pieces so maybe my tolerance is higher than most peoples.

Don't worry about the translation. Pretend your character is a confused foreigner who likes to kill things.

Actually roqua, YES!! Poor translations annoy and frustrate me more than nearly anything else. Perhaps it's the years I spent teaching High School English and reading atrocious essays I had to correct (one reason I got out of being an English teacher :) ), but I can't play a game with a poor translation:- it breaks my Immersion!!!! :)

King's Bounty was one of the first turn-based strategy games I ever played. I had it for my SEGA Genesis and probably finished it at least 15-20 times(it was a short game). I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this remake. I just hope there's an option to turn off that stupid looking hex grid they've put on the battlefield.(original KB didn't have it)

Back
Top Bottom