Underrail - Dev Log #23, Balance Changes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new development update for Underrail is available with news about bug fixes, and balance changes.

Hey guys, here's an update on what's been happening since the Steam release.

It will be a while longer before a new version is ready, sorry. The reason for that is that I've been somewhat busy with trying to expand the business. The game did well enough on its Steam (pre-)release that I can now afford to hire some people now that will assist with content creation. Unfortunately, this means interviewing, office space hunting, taxes, logistics, and other stuff that's cutting into my development time. So while development is a bit slow until all this settles down, it will pick up pace and go even faster afterwards.

However, I did manage to add some more Lower Underrail areas and I also made a number of balance tweaks, bug fixes and the like.
More information.

Yeah, really good news. I'm looking forward to the full release!

There's a surprising number of indie developers who refuse to adopt new business models like Steam. Glad Styg isn't one of them!

There's a surprising number of indie developers who refuse to adopt new business models like Steam. Glad Styg isn't one of them!
Well you either adapt or die off its nothing new. Yet I don't want every game to be on Steam. I'm glad Early Access brought him more money to develop his game.

Well you either adapt or die off its nothing new. Yet I don't want every game to be on Steam.
I do, and I don't even use Steam. What's the downside for you if developers offer their games on Steam? You can get Underrail through Desura.
I'm glad Early Access brought him more money to develop his game.
Ironically, the cash bonanza for Styg means players will have to wait longer (maybe a lot longer—it was supposed to be released this year) for the game.

I hope Styg doesn't listen to comments on steam forum and make game easier, that would kill part of game's appeal at least to me.

Game might come slower now but with full team, sequel/expansion or even new game would come lot faster.

On side note, everyone is comparing it to fallout but my impression is that combat is lot more similar to Arcanum, just in underrail it's actually good.

I hope Styg doesn't listen to comments on steam forum and make game easier, that would kill part of game's appeal at least to me.

Agreed. Or put in an easy mode, call it normal, and call normal classic. Worked for XCOM. No one wants to play "easy" yet they complain it's too hard on normal? Go figure.

I very much doubt Styg will dumb down the core game. Not the vibe one gets from him at all.

On side note, everyone is comparing it to fallout but my impression is that combat is lot more similar to Arcanum, just in underrail it's actually good.
What you just said there makes no sense whatsoever. That's like saying, "This hotdog tastes like shit, except it's actually good!"

I very much doubt Styg will dumb down the core game. Not the vibe one gets from him at all.

What you just said there makes no sense whatsoever. That's like saying, "This hotdog tastes like shit, except it's actually good!"

I think it's closer to "this hotdog LOOKS like shit, except it's actually good"

Ok not well constructed sentence, but not incorrect.Take melee combat in Gothic 3 and Risen(first one) for example, it's very similar but due to relatively small changes in Risen it's enjoyable and in Gothic 3 it's not.

Back
Top Bottom