Kingdom Come: Deliverance - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well consider this the first news roundup for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The game is already half funded in just one day. Not bad at all so lets get started.

Up first I have a new preview with more information on the game from Eurogamer.

Daniel Vavra sits before me, not as menacing as I had once feared (look at the company picture on the Warhorse website - he's the one with the beard and the bull terrier), wearing that DayZ T-Shirt, reminding me of the growing number of success stories coming from Eastern Europe (and not just Prague). These are cultures that see games and genres in different ways, and build them on different foundations and values. The Witcher series, developed in neighbouring Poland, is celebrated far and wide, and what Kingdom Come: Deliverance now wants to do is show us what it was like to be a knight in medieval Europe, with all the muck and dirt thrown in. And I want to go there.

"We think books and movies have changed a little bit, that people have grown up and heroes have evolved with them." Look at Batman now, Vavra says, or our action heroes or our fantasy fiction. "Everything's more mature, there is more depth to it, more authenticity. But most of the games are still in their adolescence, and we would like to change that."

There's a new wind blowing and it's not from the West, not far from the East. It smells different - it smells exciting.
Next I have a new video trailer which looks to be cut from the pitch video.

And for last I have some screenshots on our game gallery. Now after all this and you still haven't backed the game yet what are you waiting for? Here is the link once again.

More information.

I found a tweet from Daniel Vavra. I found it interesting as it shows other developers want to make games like this.

Link-https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/426022366037037056
Interesting fact about games industry state - several producers we pitched the game to have pledged on our Kickstarter :)
I also have a comment from the kickstarter page that confirms the game is getting funded faster than the developer thought.:celebrate:
We made some predictions and slightly over 100k in 24hours was our highly optimistic version. 165k in abou 13 hours? You guys rock! We love you all!
PS: Most of the team is asleep right now as there is 1a.m. in Prague. I want to see their faces in the morning!

Last edited:
Do they have other funding as well? 300k pounds doesn't seem like near enough to make a game as in depth as they claim with as awesome graphics as they showed.

They have a very rich investor who will invest a few million more if the kickstarter succeeds. So don't worry about the amount needed they will get more than enough.

Here is his Bio.- http://www.forbes.com/profile/zdenek-bakala/

Here are the details.
Our investor is strong and capable of funding the complete development of our project. But he does not follow the game industry very closely, and needs proof that publishers and marketers are wrong about our game - that you are indeed interested in a mature, medieval RPG that emphasizes freedom and authenticity. And so we stand, as a studio, at a crossroads. Either those naysayers are right, and there truly is no desire for the game we are making, or we are right. Either way, we think Kickstarter is a great way to find out.

It is probably going to double their goal or more and there is even potential for it to get a couple million and not even need much from the investor.

PS. If I didn't have to use all of my money for rent right now I would pledge towards this game.

It is probably going to double their goal or more and there is even potential for it to get a couple million and not even need much from the investor.

True but they already stated every amount earned will add the amount he will invest. I'm guessing they already have a contract that says how much he will invest at this point.

The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our total budget; for our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded. Every extra dollar will allow us to make the final product that much better because it means more money for development and more support from our investor.

Hmm I went and tried to back this today and instead of allowing me to login to amazon payments, Kickstarter asked me for credit card details…

New development? That may put a damper on my backing for while :-/

Edit: Actually it accepted my Visa debit card at this point so I am good I guess. Will know for sure when they try to charge me in the end...

Last edited:
Hmm I went and tried to back this today and instead of allowing me to login to amazon payments, Kickstarter asked me for credit card details…

New development? That may put a damper on my backing for while :-/

Edit: Actually it accepted my Visa debit card at this point so I am good I guess. Will know for sure when they try to charge me in the end…

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. At first I thought I clicked a wrong button...
Definitely a new development.

It's not a new development - I had it already on some projects. Neptune Pine pledge was directly through card and not via Amazon for example.

I think it's connected to the currency project is about. Pine was "gathering" CAD (canadian dollars), and this game is GBP (brit. pound sterling). Maybe amazon(.com) rejects postponed payments is not in $.

Here is a new Facebook update. I hope this helps with questions about the game acts.
People ask about Acts, so here is some explanation: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Act I, as it is planned, is a full scale, stand-alone game. It has 30+ hours of gameplay, complete open world map, all quests and closed story line. Most (if not all) game mechanics described above will be included: horse riding, combat, castle sieges, there will be at least one large-scale battle. Acts II & III extend the story, add new environment in separate maps, new quests, gear and weapons. They will also add new quests to the map of Act I. It will be possible to travel between maps of all Acts, some quests will require you to visit all of them.

We definitely intend to make Acts II & III and release them as soon as possible. However, our funding and schedule does not reach past first Act. We will finalize our plans for the release of Acts II & III when we get closer to the release date of Act I. For these reasons we don’t want to offer and promise them as a Kickstarter reward in their own right. We want to use them as a token of our gratitude to higher tiers backers, but you should think about it more like 100% discount offer than a guaranteed reward.

It's not a new development - I had it already on some projects. Neptune Pine pledge was directly through card and not via Amazon for example.

I think it's connected to the currency project is about. Pine was "gathering" CAD (canadian dollars), and this game is GBP (brit. pound sterling). Maybe amazon(.com) rejects postponed payments is not in $.

Ah, that makes sense. It's the first project I backed that did not use dollars.

Here is a new Facebook update. I hope this helps with questions about the game acts.

Maybe they should have called Acts II and III expansions.

Maybe if they get 3 million GBP and the money from the investor they won't need to split it into 3 parts.

Maybe they should have called Acts II and III expansions.

And maybe they should not ask for 300 bucks to get them. :>

There really should have been a reward level with a complete digital edition, without all those physical items.

Hum. I wonder if they will make their goal. They still need 43,000 britsh pounds (pity they didn't go for american pounds or troy pounds) and only have 28 days to go. I don't know - maybe it will be pretty close we can never tell... Anyone willing to give odds they don't make it ?

Eh? They almost reached the goal in only two days. What makes you think they can fail - with 28 days running more?

Back
Top Bottom