Balrum - Update #25, 24 hours left!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Balrum is entering the last 20 hours and still needs $10,000 to get funded. At this point things dont look to good but we have a new update. So keep spreading the word and a miracle might happen.

lastdayscreen.jpg

Hi there you guys! The last day is here! Less than 24 hours to go! We still need a bit but we can make it! Please help us spread the word, tell everyone you know, post on forums, send emails and do whatever you can. :)

Thank you very much!
More information.

I jumped aboard this one today. I read through it. I love the complexity and the idea of growing/harvesting/creating. It may not be all things to all people but I think they have some really good ideas and from the look of their alpha they are farther along than most kickstarters that have sketches and some ideas.

It's uncanny how much the graphics look like they were ripped right out of Eschalon. On a quick glance, some of the screenies might just as well be from Eschalon 1-2.

Unfortunately my Kickstarter plate is full, so I'll pass. Good luck for the devs for the last stretch!

7 hours and $7,800 to go....

It's uncanny how much the graphics look like they were ripped right out of Eschalon. On a quick glance, some of the screenies might just as well be from Eschalon 1-2.

Unfortunately my Kickstarter plate is full, so I'll pass. Good luck for the devs for the last stretch!

This is why I didn't back it.

IIRC this was asked and clarified right at the start. They look similar but there is no connection and nothing was ripped from Eschalon.

6 hours - 3500,- to go. Almost looks like they'll make it after all...

$49,921 with 5 hours left. Guess it made it. Surprising.

Looks like something to take a look at when it's released, not confident enough to pledge anything on KS myself though.

edit: back down to 48K now, maybe one of the 2K donations was a troll

Hehe not a troll - someones parents put a foot down, according to the comments :)

IIRC this was asked and clarified right at the start. They look similar but there is no connection and nothing was ripped from Eschalon.

Ya the engine is completely different, and even upon comparing the game with Balrum videos and screenshots, some of the textures may look similar, which makes sense because most of the time textures are outsourced, but all the rest of the art is not the same. Isometrics can look pretty similar, for example, Avadon:

Avadon Screenshot

lol - a fan was stopped by his parents -> caused a $2000 setback ...

Still looking good though - less than 2k, with 4 hours left. It's one of these nailbiter finishes...

Kinda weird timing that he would yank the $2K pledge literally seconds after it hit the goal.

Back
Top Bottom