WoW - Fun For All Ages @ npr.org

Kawika

Watchdog
National Public Radio has published an interesting article about the fifty-and-over crowd's increasing indulgence in MMOs, using Guild Wars as a main example, and a desire to see computer games and peripherals designed with an older group in mind. Game on seniors!
According to the Entertainment Software Association, 25 percent of all gamers are 50 years or older, and game makers are looking for ways to market to that age group.
More information.

Last edited:
I think it's wonderful that so many gamers are 50+. :) It's good for them and good for other online gamers. I do want to comment on this one paragraph from the article, though:

Nadin envisions a day when video games will be used as tools for rehabilitation at nursing homes. But he says that day may be a long way away if game makers view the elderly simply as a lucrative demographic.​

That day is actually here and there's even an organization called Games For Health dedicated to video games designed for health care. What a great age we live in! :)

EDIT: The title of the first post should actually refer to Guild Wars rather than WoW. Sorry!
:p

Last edited:
Yes, we old folks have to do all we can to fight off the effects of what we did when we were young : )

I'm not 50+ heck I'm not even half of that yet, but I do rememeber fallout, I still play it:) I begged my sister to get me the american edition when it came out (she was in the US at the time) and I played it and it's predecessor many times since, I can honestly say I never played a game like that again, sad but true...

Are those angry french fries in your avatar, Kawika??? And a seriously disgruntled milkshake? Or what???;)

God the things I miss not having cable.
Or a hood. :)

Back
Top Bottom