The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Umm, he already says all those things running his drow. What would be the change? ;)

Small update : My character is now (taken from the "DDOViewer" program) :

Level 5
Strength 14
Dexterity 20
Constitution 13
Intelligence 9
Wisdom 14
Charisma 8

Hit points : 87 now
Spell points : 63 now
Ki : 0 (what's that ?)
Armor class : 20

Fortitude +6
Reflex +10
Will +4
Base attack bonus : 5
Spell resistance : 0
Fortification : 25 %

Resistance :
Acid : 2
Fire : 2
the rest : 0

ki is like spell points for monks. They build up ki thru various actions and can then use it to do various spell-like abilities.

Ah, thanks.

Just completed that awful (in a negative sense for me, because I absolutely loathe that quest chain) Waterworks Lost Ones quest series on normal now (I often try easy at first, just to see how I can cope with it).

The Gnashtooth prisin is the part of it which I hate most. From the environment it's okay, but it's to me too much dull work to check every single cell there ... Plus, I just don't like the mood there ... That feeling of helplessness, despair and outright ugliness (because is still a part of the sewers) was imho quite nicely caught there. That's why I won't be going back there for a while.
But at least the bounties are imho very good.

Surprise surprise. There's an update (a minor one) coming.

Nothing worth posting so far, other than the Shroud end reward being changed. It should have a higher chance for a large, random loot, and even "Vale-specific items". Funk/twig etc? Who knows.

I finally got all the ingredients to get my third greensteel item for my paladin and cleric that will TR. I will TR them when I know that we will start playing the low level ones. In the mean time they will just run Shroud to get large ingredients.

I got 2 large devil scales on my runs yesterday and now I only need 1 large sulfur stone and 1 large devil scale to craft my tier 3 hitpoint item for my paladin that will remain high level. By doing that I get 45 extra hp from the goggles in addition to +5 protection and heavy fortification. This means I can use a greater false life belt for another +30hp. So by getting this item I get 75 extra hp. That's quite significant.

Mr. Mini-Frankenstein, Head of Beginner's Crafting In The RPGWatch Guild (that's me ! ;) ) has assembled something new : An "Unbalancing cloak of poison resistance" (+2 to saving throws). I just can't wait until I can finally put/bind these +2 things into items (especially weapons) !

I learned through one of those myriad game tips which are displayed each time you start DDO or load an area, that binding an item in/with the "stones of change" keeps the item from being irrecoverably damaged during any repair process.

I'm planning to do so with my current "+1 lesser acid guard chain shirt". I find this "acid guard" thing just great.

I'm planning to upgrade my beloved two-handed sword with +2 one day, and with other things. It is already upgraded (read : crafted) with something I translate for me as "irritation".

Right now I'm looking for an item to bind my "spell resistance" shard to.
I definitively need it, I believe.

Today I did a quest on "hard", and made the mistake to hire a level 1 hireling for that. Bad mistake ! I had thought it wouldn't be so hard, but it was … I had to revive him 2 times … After the second time he actually said "don't do this again" or so I have it in my memory.

It's strange, but the higher the level of my character, the more I fear that he might fail. It's strange, even to me, to have this fear, and it is definitively irrational. I guess I must look into my own psyche for reasons why I feel this way.

To my utter surprise I noticed today that i had been overlooking all of the time that I have a second crafting items bag ! - I don't remember when I received it anymore … But it is definitively of good use !

Now I wonder what I'll do next … Next Saturday, by the way, I won't be available. In the evening, that is. And in one of the next Sundays the same.

Dteowner, my cleric will use dwarves axes so if you have any old ones on Botdu or any of your other toon then he will like to get hold of some so he can fight a bit at low level.

Only RhoGu is using dwarven axes. Shadohe was, but I switched her over to khopeshes a few months back. Most of his stuff will be higher level, but I'll see if there's anything to share.

Pity, I just sold a few axes last week that no-one wanted.

Peter, you are aware that you will not have proficiency with Dwarven Axes right? Dwarves do not get proficiency, like elves or drow do for a few martial weapons, they treat DA as a martial weapon instead. The distinction is unless you already get a full list of martial weapon proficiencies (Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger) you won't get DA prof. Even pure Rogues or Bards, who do get a few martial weapons, do not get proficiency in dwarven axes. That's part of why I suggested the 2 level Fighter splash for Rhogu, as otherwise he'd have had to burn a feat.

This won't be an issue with the GS axe as you'll be using it for a casting implement (if an odd one). However, saddling a 3/4 BAB with a -4 non-proficiency penalty will make you next to worthless in melee. Unless you want to burn a feat.

The way I see it, our makeup is this:

Peter: Will run off alone, complaining of having aggro and saying we're out of range, while drinking enough mana pots to float a battleship. Will be raising Corwin from the dead.

Corwin: Will aggro half the map with his bow. Since I expect him to make the mistake of kiting around instead of pulling out a decent set of melee weapons and making use of the three TWF feats he gets for free, I expect him to run around haphazardly, rendering the melees in the group unable to contribute or pull aggro off of him, and eventually going "I'm dead people".

Jo: Will be cursing out Peter, and raising corwin from the dead.

Connie: will fall off of a cliff somewhere. Even if there isn't one. Also will be raising Corwin from the dead.

Me: will be casting Grease on Peter and Corwin. I may occasionally remember I'm a Bard and sing a song or two, but everyone will run off so I'll haste and rage myself, and go run off alone like I usually do. Also will be raising Corwin from the dead.

Tom: will forget he has a caster and kill things with an axe instead. Sadly this will probably accomplish more than any of the rest of us. Probably will build enough UMD to raise Corwin from the dead (what else is he going to use all those skill points on?)

I might just decide to stay dead and let you do all the work until we're ready to open the chests!! :p :)

Yes I will mainly use the waraxe for + to wisdom. I think I read somewhere that dwarves get dwarven waraxe proficiency for free, but I guess it's only for those with martial proficiency. So the person writing the info didn't make this distinction. So my cleric will probably use heavy maces mostly. He has low strength and will use spells to fight usually and be a healer.

I might swap out extend for martial feat. It depends on how much I fight. I use a +wis longsword for my fvs a lot and then I don't fight. I just destruct things and need the extra bonus to DC. I swap to my superior potency item when I need to heal. You can still wear an item you're not proficient with. You just get -4 to hit. At high level I should not have to fight.

Originally I would want to swap Extend for Spell penetration or Spell focus evocation

Pity, I just sold a few axes last week that no-one wanted.

I didn't want them because a) I don't have profiency either and b) they were a few levels too high of my character. As a ranger, he specializes rather in the bow, with an occational use of the crossbow, sometimes use of 2 swords in close combat, and sometimes a … what's the term ? a curved blade ? Right now I'm meddling around with an imho very good two-handed sword for him. It's faster than these "curved blades", and similar efficient.

Connie: will fall off of a cliff somewhere. Even if there isn't one. Also will be raising Corwin from the dead.

I just created this mental image in my mind :

Two figures are standing at the bottom of a cliff. Both had been fallen down.
Connie, just arrived : "How are you ?"
Corwin, standing there as a ghost and hearing the war cries and the battle sounding (mixed in with several curses from different party members) : "'Im fine, and you ?"
Connie : "Me, too. Shall I raise you from the dead ?"
Corwin : "If you don't have anything more important to do, then this would be fine, thanks."
Connie raises him from the dead and both await eagerly the end of the above sounding battle and warcries.

Last edited:
Connie: will fall off of a cliff somewhere while chasing Peter to disarm all the traps that Peter ran thru. Even if there isn't one. Also will be raising Corwin from the dead.
Fixed that for you. ;)

I feel it only fair to point out that we actually DO have a barbarian wizzy this time, not just one being played that way. :p

Last edited:
I would like to point out that my falling handicap has been mostly limited to the half orc whose lumbering feet, a body height created well after the areas in the game were designed therefor putting her head (and my screen view) inside all the overhanging rocks in the game, and her general lack of anything but strong swings make just walking a task, much less jumping. :)

(Reywind can we hold you to that offer?) ;)

Alrik, the curved blade is probably a Scimitar. Which in the hands of an elf is the second best weapon, tied with Elf/Drow Rapier and Dwarf DA. It falls to third (again tied with the other weapons) without racial enhancements.

The same thing confused me before Peter, well before I starting grouping with everyone here. As I said, it won't be an issue for a casting implement, but low level Clerics will have trouble hitting things when they're stacking a -4 penalty to-hit on top of their lower BaB AND a low STR build to boot. At the very low levels, a mace is perfectly fine. Once you hit 6 and get the burst, you can heal using that, and use Soundburst and Command more than melee; which should cut down on a lot of the necessary healing. Remember that after about level 3 or 4, I should be able to help a bit with the healing, and Jo will be healing as well. So feel free to use Crowd Control while on your Cleric.

I'll still be casting grease at you though.

Back
Top Bottom