Spiderweb Games - Avadon 2: The Corruption Fall Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Spiderweb Games posted a very brief update on their website for Avadon 2: The Corruption. The update doesn't say much just announces new screenshots, and gives fall 2013 as a release date.
We have put up two more screenshots from our next title, Avadon 2: The Corruption. Hopefully out in Fall, 2013! Take a look.​
More information.

looks like all his other games form the past 5 years, nevertheless I cant wait to play it. Somehow I am addicted to the gameplay

The graphics are much better than Geneforge if I remember correctly. Looking forward to it as well, and hope that the entry price is not expensive.

Looking forward to it too - but I sure wish characters could be placed tactically prior to engagement like the Geneforge series.

Should be interesting to see how this fares against the amazing array of indie games coming out for PC/Mac and iOS.

I only got about 5 hours into the first one before I lost interest. I probably need to give it a try again as I heard it really picks up after the beginning.

Still the best gaming company in the business. I believe I've lost years playing all those games, and then replaying them. I'll be first in line for this one when it comes out, that's for sure.

-Carn

I only got about 5 hours into the first one before I lost interest. I probably need to give it a try again as I heard it really picks up after the beginning.
Would not say so. At least not if you already did the first 5h and met the king.

My biggest "problem" with Avadon1 was the linearity, the companion quests which seemed to forced, and how the ending was put together.
All these issues did not exist in Avernum but I guess they will be in Avadon 2. Will buy it anyways and if Spiderweb offers additional goodies I'd also like to give them more money than they charge forat release (Kickstarter please!).

I've just started playing the first one - been meaning to pick it up for a while, but never really got around to it. This thread reminded me!

First impression was that I was disappointed with the lack of character creation at the start. I've now cleared out the opening dungeon (which was well designed I thought, despite the mass giant rat attacks :)), and started on the quest to do with the dragon. Kinda getting curious about whats going on, which can only be a good sign.

There are a lot of things that Avadon tried to do differently then Avernum. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Overall though my biggest criticism of Vogel is that he's too repetitive, so I was really happy to see him taking a chance and trying out new things. Overall I thought it was a good game, and I'm really interested to see how Avadon 2 evolves.

Back
Top Bottom