Mass Effect 3 - Kinect Will Widen Audience

Uh no....they're actually scaring me away from ever wanting to play it with the stupid Kinect support. Sure you can probably play it entirely without, but in all honesty I don't like Kinect.

I just wanna sit motionless, holding a controller and just moving my fingers, as I have always done for the past 30+ yrs....rofl

Bioware's in full effect. Make a bunch of absurd comments/generate hate/ and refuse criticism when it fails.

I've a feeling that the only thing this is going to widen is the gap in opinions. People are either going to love this feature or hate it.

Uh no….they're actually scaring me away from ever wanting to play it with the stupid Kinect support. Sure you can probably play it entirely without, but in all honesty I don't like Kinect.

I just wanna sit motionless, holding a controller and just moving my fingers, as I have always done for the past 30+ yrs….rofl
You're set. From what I saw of the ME3 Kinect demo, all this adds is voice control. And it REALLY fails bad when it comes to dialog control. You've got to say the line on the screen then have Shepard do the voice dialog, which isn't the line you said.

I've got a strong hunch that this is just Microsoft throwing money around. They paid EA to put something Kinect in the game just so the ME3 box will say something about Kinect on it. Microsoft just wants a lot of games on the "Supports Kinect" list, they don't care if anyone would really use it.

Of course, I may be underestimating laziness... Khalus, what's it worth to you to not have to do all that tedious, calorie-wasting mouse movement? ;)

The game itself doesnt look bad really, just more of Mass Efeect 2. But just shut up already with the widening of the audience . Or just make a game for Nintendo Bioware . Kinect is a useless gimmick . Its a voice activated search engine, all that money and microsoft cant do any better than what they have with the product. It just might be time to get a new hobbie.

How many casual gamers would buy a game like mass effect anyway. My wife is a casual gamer she plays jewels farmville, angry birds, some hidden object games and once in a blue moon the sims. She's never finished a game, jumps from game to game with 0 loyalty and would never spend more than $20 on a game.
There is nothing they could do to ME or Da that would get her to play it. She won't even touch the facebook game.

This is the customer base they are willing to alienate their core fans for? Makes no sense to me.

This wider audience mission that EA is on smells of pure greed and will come back to bite them in the ass. More likely sooner than later. A couple of sell out games like DA2 in a row and you can kiss a generation of fans goodbye.

Quote : "Mass Effect has a fairly complicated combat system. You've got story and choice. For some fans that don't buy 12 games a year and maybe buy two or three, some of those things can be intimidating. "

Let them just make Mass Effect Mario , and be done with it

Complexity is becoming the new gimmick.

Everything is complex, so they say and it is all a matter of opinions.

Fans do not buy 12 games per year, some of them, yet, they are fans. Casual fans, they buy one game now and then. That is how they gain their grade: fans.

As fans, they can be intimitaded, story and C&C are complex in ME2. Adding a new interface will not intimidate them though: because introduction of a new device is not intimidating. Novelty is not intimidated. Timid people are usually timid with old time situations. They lose confidence as they get used to a situation.

It is all a matter of perspective.

So i presume this will become an new "thing" to split the community again ?

With theyr last games they succefully did it.

Sometimes i realy think that BioWare job sinc last few years isnt producing games only, but spliting the community aswell ...

- Dragon Age 2 will atteract shooter fans to widen the audience
- Mass Effect 3 will attract Kinekt fans to widen the audience

"Oh, this is a Kinect game. Mass Effect 3 huh? Sounds great!"

Somehow I do not see it. ME3 players are the people who played ME1 and ME2. If one of them just happen to have a Kinect too they might use it.

The feature (Kinect) could be usefull in actually saying to your team mates 'Garrus, take cover' or 'Miranda, shoot to the right' or 'Jack, use stealth.' However, I do not believe that VR for Shepard is something that'll make players buy this game, especially because the VR for Shepard just makes Shepard say something along the lines of what's on the screen e.g. not the actual words on screen, but something in the vicinity thereof.

And they want to capture the Dance Central audience, then just make the ME Dance Central game...and get if out of the system...

Shepard did dance in the previous games, so maybe Shepard can go boogie on the dance floor with Kinect. :D

Next will be "Mass Guitar Hero Effect" ?

Why add Kinect to a Bioware game? I think the answer's obvious.

Sex scenes.

It's just a matter of time, and we all know it.

Why add Kinect to a Bioware game? I think the answer's obvious.

Sex scenes.

You've just persuaded me not to spit anymore on it! :D
Shall I start practising the "dirty talk" right away?

The delusion here is obvious and sad. Rising budgets don't mean "OMG we need to sell 10 million units!" Rising budgets mean TRIM THE DAMN BUDGET!

Find your audience, gauge its size, then budget to your sales expectations. This is common freaking sense. Warner Bros. does not spend 100 million dollars making romantic comedies and documentaries just because they can spend that making Batman movies.

Back
Top Bottom