The Witcher 2 - Polish Release Date May 17th

I remember having an interesting discussion (I think it was in a newsgroup) about a game... He talked about Two Worlds (=TW), I was talking about the Witcher (=TW), which lead to some confusion :)
(And yes, I'm a little bit suprised, too, because I didn't know that there already was a release date for the game. But I'm probably just uninformed...)

(And yes, I'm a little bit suprised, too, because I didn't know that there already was a release date for the game. But I'm probably just uninformed…)

I don't think you were misinformed. This is the first I heard anything about it as well. Even Neoseeker didn't know about any kind of release date before this:

Though we weren't aware of any previous set date, CD Projekt RED (CDP) says they've decided to delay the release of their RPG The Witcher 2 for polish, to May 17, 2011. Specific dates per territory are not yet known.

Seriously I hope its not like all dtps games were you have to wait months of a year for the final product overseas.Scattering releases is a terrible idea.

Seriously I hope its not like all dtps games were you have to wait months of a year for the final product overseas.Scattering releases is a terrible idea.

For each voice in this direction, you have another saying 'if the game is finished for my region why delay it so I have to wait for a minority translation in mongolia and changes to fit with the cultural practises of timbuktu to be finished before I can play it?'

So they need 4 months to play test the game? because this is how i understand referring to bugs and polishing .
Original TW is like 20h game and you can play test all of it's quests , paths etc in less than a week, why they need 4 months?

So they need 4 months to play test the game? because this is how i understand referring to bugs and polishing .
Original TW is like 20h game and you can play test all of it's quests , paths etc in less than a week, why they need 4 months?

You should visit planet Earth one day, and perhaps talk to a few Q/A people ;)

The Witcher was NOT a 20 hour game, and a complex CRPG (even if it was a 20 hour game) DOES NOT take a week to playtest. It takes months and months to do properly.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You should visit planet Earth one day, and perhaps talk to a few Q/A people ;)

The Witcher was NOT a 20 hour game, and a complex CRPG (even if it was a 20 hour game) DOES NOT take a week to playtest. It takes months and months to do properly.

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Mmmok , so someone played DAO , Oblivion , TW 1&2 , Arcania , Gothic 3 & 3 1/2 , Risen etc etc for months ? so how do obvious game breaking bugs slipped in and how could some very bad mechanics choices failed to get Dev's attention ?

Since i have never worked in such a project i will not claim that i know what i am talking about but using "properly" as key word in your post looks like CDPR are the only guys that plan to do so.

Mmmok , so someone played DAO , Oblivion , TW 1&2 , Arcania , Gothic 3 & 3 1/2 , Risen etc etc for months ? so how do obvious game breaking bugs slipped in and how could some very bad mechanics choices failed to get Dev's attention ?

Since i have never worked in such a project i will not claim that i know what i am talking about but using "properly" as key word in your post looks like CDPR are the only guys that plan to do so.

Are you saying most developers/publishers are not doing enough in terms of the Q/A process?

Agreed 100%.

Oh dear, we've got a serious issue here. Well, yeah, and the release date hurts, though it will be nice to have something to play in May for once. No, what I'm talking about is abbreviations.

TW2 = Two Worlds 2. You can't use it for the Witcher 2. Maybe just W2? Or tW2 if you folks are into the case sensitive stuff. Or better yet, say Witcher 2. It really isn't that hard to type.

Two Worlds 2 = 2W2
The Witcher 2 = TW2

There, problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom