Two Worlds II - v1.01 Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A v1.01 patch has been released for Two Worlds II, fixing some crashes and urgent issues. According to the newspost on the German site, a major patch is planned before Christmas that will add features and new UI elements, improve AI and more. Here is the patchlog:

• fixed crash in singleplayer campaign during streaming of levels (CD icon) or during teleportation.
  • fixed one crash in multiplayer.
  • fixed quality of rendering ogg videos (when HD video option is off)
  • if game crashes while playing wmv videos then it is switched to ogg mode and next time ogg will be played.
  • fixed missing in shops magic cards: Air Life and Air Lightning.
  • fixed type of potion ingredients generated in village shops.
  • fixed endless invisibility spell error.
  • fixed wrong direction of camera in sniper mode in reversed vertical view.
  • fixed problem with changing bid by +/- keys in dice minigame on laptop keyboards.
  • fixed displaying wrong number of equipment parts in "destroy equipment" message box
  • added missing "Check for updates" option to settings.
  • some player reported long time of making savegames in full screen. It was possible caused by taking screen shot. Save screen shots can be turned off by console command: game.MakeSaveScreenShot 0 - it should be added to autosaveGame3.con file in Parameters subdirectory of save game.
  • one change was made which could fix problem with saving multiplayer characters / village. Now if sending data to server fails then game make two more attempts to send.
You can grab the file from TopWare, Worthplaying, Two Worlds Vault and no doubt everywhere else.
Thanks to Alistair, who says it seems to have installed properly on his GamersGate version, and Melvil. I'd note that most digital services create their own patch versions, so be careful. Also, the official forum seems to note some issues with MP games not saving.
More information.

So how is the game? I am waiting for the US release and have had it preordered for a couple months now. Is it worth it?

There's a long impressions thread in the General forum.

For me, it simply made the game playable again. Before this patch I found 3 areas in the first chapter only where TW2 _always_ crashed ; pressing space to quit a Savannah dungeon, or going in a certain distance in the "baboon valley" for example. Now, no more crash but "just" a slightly anoying one second lag at those very same places (and others too, halas).

No, I'd just like a way to remove this ugly motion blur and camera tilting when you look left or right in a speedy way. Well, we can't have it all I guess.

graph.setfastrunspecialefx 0 at the console will remove the blur when running.

I did see a headbob tweak somewhere but I couldn't find it again. Try the Zuxxez forums...

The zuxxez forum has loads of tweaks for this blur-o-vision. Some even report motion sickness from the way the camera tilts as you move from side to side ... *_*

For me, the game has been notably bug free...or something close to that.

...And I don't like the motion blur, either. :p

No bugs for me as well. Except for when the game didn't save my progress in the co-op campaign and lost connection to the server, but that may have been a problem with my internet connection.
Have I said already how much I like the blurr? Much much :)

Thanks for that console command to remove the blur while running, Alistair. So much better now. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom