Obduction new adventure from creators of Myst series

I adore adventures, I really do.
But for whatever reason, I hated Myst. It's, IMO, the worst adventure ever made. Okay, maybe there is a worse Nancy Drew one since haven't tried them all... But I doubt that.

Sorry, but I'm not backing this.

Well, i don't even know if i would call Myst an adventure game. It was more a puzzle game. I think it took advantage of the being one of the early CD games with FMV.

yes I remember I came late into the Myst craze. To me adventure games were basically a dude (or chick) walking around screens selecting actions with objects on stuff on each screen. Then my time got taken by MUDs and the first MMOs, so stopped playing adventure games. Then one day someone at work was telling me about an adventure game that came with her computer and she was stuck, so it got me curious. I tried it and it felt so … empty, nobody in the world, just basically the type of puzzles that I hated (where you had to flip a lever in room 4 so the door in room 9 opened so you could throw a fish in it so the door in room 18 unlocked).

this is a day one buy for me!! I loved Myst.

these guys haven't been doing much since getting Uru online and trying to keep it there it seemed to me. I wonder what they've come up after all this time.

kind of wonder why they need the money for a kickstart, now that I think about it. Myst was the "killer app" that sold the cd-rom.

this is a day one buy for me!! I loved Myst.

these guys haven't been doing much since getting Uru online and trying to keep it there it seemed to me. I wonder what they've come up after all this time.

kind of wonder why they need the money for a kickstart, now that I think about it. Myst was the "killer app" that sold the cd-rom.

Well, you know publishers...they like to take all the credit, and make all the decisions...maybe they didn't think the Myst developers still had selling potential in the age of Call of Duty and The Sims? After all, the Myst series made you have to *think*.

I'm excited that Myst's creators are making something new, though stylistically I'm not sure I like it as well as Myst/Riven, at least not yet. But that's just me. ^.^

I loved Myst. Riven was the peak of the series for me. Looking forward to this. But hey, we don't get the past back :p

Back
Top Bottom