Skyrim Spoiler needed

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
What do I do with these:

2jvdk5.jpg

First time I've played I had 4 of them, but now I found 5th in some lighthouse with falmer and chitin mobs. So at least 4 jars are not from those three DLC.

And I didn't get any quest connected to those jars ever. If those are just decoration… Tried to put them on bookshelf… No can do. Where do they go then?

And why is their price 1 except for moth that's of zero value? I can't find these things anywhere, and if something is not easy to find...

These are just decorations as far as I know, but they're a pain to place so I generally skip them. There are some mods that have fixed them so they're easier to deal with, but they're not necessary to anything; at least vanilla. There are a ton of conspiracy theories about the jars if you feel like reading up on it. Just go to the wikia site.

I really don't feel like struggling with wikia, no need for theories, some dev got sacked before finishing something and that's it.

But since I'm asking for spoilers… Any use for special quest items that remain in your inventory after you're done with? For example Sigil Stone (conjuration test) or draugr guardian keys (skulls with blue eyes) used to open a certain dragon priest sarcophagus? Do some of those grant a permanent effect like the one you get from burning the remains in the lighthouse with one of jars mentioned above?

I really don't feel like struggling with wikia, no need for theories, some dev got sacked before finishing something and that's it.
These are part of a series of five collectible critters spread through the Skyrim province. There are Dragonflies, Bees, Butterflies, Moths and of course Torchbugs. It's there for adventurous people's pleasure, to collect them all and because stupid devs spent time to give others something absolutely useless, except to instill a little bit of life into something we used to call a game. You surely heard about that, didn't you ? Yes, that's that thing supposed to give you some pleasure, by making you dream about worlds that do not exist and spend your precious time doing useless things there, while real time passes faster until you reach your real death.

I don't remember joxer, but you can test it by looking at the far right column of the magic tab. It lists current effects. Remove everything into a container and then add one at a time looking at the current effects each time as you go. That will show if an item is giving a bonus. In all my time with the game, I don't remember burning a corpse in a lighthouse, so there is something new for me to find :)

That is the quest associated to the lighthouse, the family that moved to Skyrim to take a new start and was butchered down by the giant bug looking monster dwelling in the cellar. When lighting up the lighthouse to commerate the deceased, you gain a bonus.

For the bugs in jar, ever tried to use them as baits to ease collection of the same type?

Maybe dropping a jar with torchbug during night attracts other torchbugs so that you can collect those ones easily.

Just an hypothesis, I planned to play a character relying on harvesting the world but when, that is another question.

I use a mod that gives an auto-collection enchantment. It gets very dull bending down to pick flowers after a while. I think it's called Harvest-o-tron or something. I'm one of those who always intends to use alchemy a lot and then end up only making magicka potions and poison for arrows.

I vaguely remember this quest, now that you've added detail Chien. I bet I haven't played this one more than once in all my games. I found two dungeons recently that I have never been inside. I couldn't believe they weren't added by a mod, but UESP says they're vanilla.

Gloo, collectibles? Man, I'm not playing Sims3 anymore. If I wanted collectibles, I wouldn't play RPGs.

About harvesting… I always have a potato or cabbage as ppl are happy in villages when I sell it to them. Yes it's grindy a bit and is some bastardized type of fetch quest, but helped in becoming a thane before solving proper fetch quests for townsfolk.
Flowers and similar stuff I skip to pick. I do however clean shelves, chests, alchemy satchels and tables with ingredients when exploring closed locations where taking something isn't marked as thievery. The only plant I did go picking was crimson hroots in Blackreach because you can't find those anywhere else, and the whole fetch quest was utterly annoying - but in the end worth it:
The reward is permaeffect, a chance of creating two pots instead of one while mixing them on alchemy table.

I despise fetch quests that earn me crap items like steel sword or plain cash as I tend to earn the money by selling stuff. Luckily not all fetch quests are MMOlike, there are rewards like a skill or a few skills +1 or special items/effects. I'm not talking about so called radiant quests - I'm not doing that pathetic excuse of a design but only proper quests you can get once and once solved that's the end of the story.

Back to the title question. The only questchain I still didn't solve completely is Dawnguard DLC and just started it. Which means many locations on the world map are still unlocked/unexplored. FO3 and F:NV had a perk (IIRC explorer) that added all unexplored areas on the map. Skyrim is again worse than it's predecessors and doesn't have a perk or an effect like that. Any mod that will mark all locations on the map?

No, forsworn map, the book Skyrim for Explorers (IIRC), special questbooks (eagle sword etc), bartender rumors and guards' hints don't open all available map locations! I did explore every single of those but em still seeing locations that are black.

No mod needed:

Take a look at this link for a detailed use of the tmm (toggle map markers) command:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

Maybe what you would want is using the console command tmm 1,0,0. This should reveal all undiscovered locations on the world map, but leave them greyed-out so you would still have to travel to them directly (no fast travel).

Yes that's exactly what I want!
So Bethesda decided that FO3/F:NV normal gameplay perk should be a cheat in TES games. I'm very disappointed. Not surprised though.

Thanks!

So Bethesda decided that FO3/F:NV normal gameplay perk should be a cheat in TES games. I'm very disappointed. Not surprised though.

Thanks!
Nothing here to be surprised about Joxer as every game since oblivion has the same cheats. Each game just changes and modifies them a little.:bored:

Thanks!

Disappointed in Skyrim.:rolleyes:

Your 1 strange dude.

You've bitched and complained about what a POS game Skyrim is for 2 years now.

Now your replaying it and bitching the whole way through. (except for 1 DLC) Yes that's right you bought the DLC for the game you say is a POS. (weird that your buying DLC anyway as you usually badmouth that as well.)

Why would you play a game you think is so bad? make no sense. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though your the same guy that refuses to use unofficial patches for Skyrim because you say only dev's should fix the bugs then you post fix pack's for other games.

You contradict yourself so much it's hard to take any of your posts seriously. maybe that's my problem, maybe i'm misunderstanding and you don't mean them to be taken seriously?

Oh, and yes, the bug jars are just to collect.

You got yourself a deal. Go take seriously only posts from someone who's bitching about games he doesn't play.

Next!

Valid point, you need to play the game before bitching.......except your REPLAYING it.

No worries though, I think I figured it out.

Upon release you didn't give the game a proper chance and now after replaying it you find out its an excellent game. Unfortunately though after 2 years of bitching about it you feel silly admitting it.

Don't worry I won't tell anyone, sorry to interrupt your time in the masterpiece that is skyrim.

Please continue pouring countless hours immersing yourself in its world.

Replaying actually only a part of it. I've played the release version for a while and quit because of more bugs than in any other game ever. So I've waited for a final patch, hoping it'll get polished properly and hoping at least there won't be main quest breaking bugs. How silly I was - in this replay I got two main quest stoppers.
Luckily ppl in two years of masochism found proper cheats to get through stuck quests. I never use cheats in games, and this time I was forced to cheat like crazy to overcome queststopper bugs.

It can be excellent and a masterpiece by many. By me it's just a stockpile of rubbish in a shiny wrapping. And I'm done with it. Will go post later in "last game finished" thread and then uninstall it for good.

Back
Top Bottom