The Banner Saga - Strategy/RPG by ex-BioWare Trio

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Not a full RPG but ex-BioWare trio Arnie Jorgensen, Alex Thomas and John Watson (Star Wars: The Old Republic) have formed Stoic Games and their first project is The Banner Saga, "role-playing meets turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings":
What is the Banner Saga?
Short answer: role-playing meets turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings.
Travel through stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film as your party escapes what could be the end of everything. Battle painstakingly hand-animated foes in strategic, turn-based combat. Make decisions with real consequences in conversations with people you'll actually care about.
The Banner Saga is a mature game aimed at gamers who appreciate art, story and strategy. Hope you'll join the caravan.
Nice art.
More information.

King's Bounty or HoMM rip-off? :)

They got me with vikings, turn-based and the great art style. Will be keeping an eye on this!

Hm count me interested. Little information as of right now but it sounds good.

Sounds cool, different, indie. Interested!

Looks great. Decent art is what really allows indies to transcend their budget.

Sounds intresting :)

Lots of indies using that magic word this year: TURN-BASED.

Let's hope it continues.

subscribed. I hope hts not all fighting and has motivating plot

Lots of indies using that magic word this year: TURN-BASED.

Let's hope it continues.

The words "ex-Bioware trio" interest me even more. If they can produce something that's close to what Bioware used to make back in the pre-EA days, I'll definitely be interested.

The Banner Saga is a mature game aimed at gamers who appreciate art, story and strategy.

Why do they use the word "mature" in this ontext ? Do they fear that - like here in Germany in general - people might think that "animated = for kids" ?

Why do they use the word "mature" in this ontext ? Do they fear that - like here in Germany in general - people might think that "animated = for kids" ?

I'm sure that's why. A lot of people in the US would assume animation=cartoon=kid stuff. Its definitely more accepted now than a few years ago, but it still has a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom