Dragon Age - Review Flood #2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
"Flood" is a bit of an overstatement but let's keep the nomenclature simple, shall we? 9/10 seems about the average for these, yet again Here we go.
The Escapist - the opening sentences set a pretty high bar:
Dragon Age: Origins is the game you've been waiting for all of your life.
Allow me to qualify that: If you enjoy fantasy role-playing games and prefer gameplay over graphics and story over style, then Dragon Age: Origins is the game you've been waiting for all your life.
  • GamePro - A "must-have masterpiece" from the "magic" of BioWare. On the con side, difficulty spikes, camera and "slightly annoying" inventory. 4.5/5.
  • GameInformer - 9/10, the battles are like "puzzles" with a "wealth of tactical options".
    PSXExtreme - May be "one of the sleeper hits of the year", although the graphics and issues like pop-in and framerate are criticised. 9/10.
  • CheatCodeCentral - A "masterfully constructed strategy RPG". 4.6/5 and a "must buy".
Thanks to Metacritic and Gamerankings for some of these.

More information.

Sleeper Hit? On which Planet? This is the New Shot, After all!

Sleeper Hit? On which Planet? This is the New Shot, After all!

I think with the emphasis on the PC & X360 market and the expected delay of the PS3 version, for the PS3 crowd this had fallen well behind in terms of mindshare ...

But yeah, 'sleeper' is not one of the top 100,000 words I'd come up with for this ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom