Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Steamworks Enabled

steam has auto-updating patches, amongst a whole host of benign and helpful features...seriously people. that fact that some people even entertain steam as a potential reason to pirate squirts sunshine onto the faces of the ones who are really hurting consumers. ah well.

do this consider steam simply an operating system for games and you will feel much better and removes unneeded stress from your lives.

steam has auto-updating patches, amongst a whole host of benign and helpful features…seriously people. that fact that some people even entertain steam as a potential reason to pirate squirts sunshine onto the faces of the ones who are really hurting consumers. ah well.

do this consider steam simply an operating system for games and you will feel much better and removes unneeded stress from your lives.

I think I prefer using my brain to your suggestion, but to each his own :)

steam has auto-updating patches, amongst a whole host of benign and helpful features…seriously people. that fact that some people even entertain steam as a potential reason to pirate squirts sunshine onto the faces of the ones who are really hurting consumers. ah well.

Say that when steam controls every game you own and can take them away at any time without notice. But as before to each thee own enjoy the digital monopoly. I rather download from D2D all I need is an unlock code no third party software.

Can you sell a steam game? (even if you bought a retail version)

I wasn't talking about Portal. There was a game they gave away for free from day-one, some kind of top-down alien shooter. Also the free Portal giveaway did not include the SDK, as I have heard dozens of people bitching about.

Portal is an awesome little game, as was Portal 2.

I didn't know the SDK wasn't included. I bought Portal and I have access to the SDK, so I assumed they gave away the SDK too. It almost seemed too good to be true, though.

Still the Portal giveaway was awesome. As was the port of their engine to Mac and the now rumored development of a Linux Steam client.

I own dozens of titles on all the major DD platforms (except D2D) and Steam is by far my favorite (with Gamersgate coming in second).

What's this "Steam Cloud" thing ?

And good that I hear of it - I'll ask the folks at the RPC about that [Steam stuff] tomorrow.

I actually see auto-patches as a negative, not a positive, because there is no way to roll back patches. I only crack my legally purchased games when the DRM stops me from playing or hinders my game experience and a couple Steamworks games are on the very short list of games I have had to crack because patches caused a problem and I could not roll back.

What's this "Steam Cloud" thing ?

And good that I hear of it - I'll ask the folks at the RPC about that [Steam stuff] tomorrow.
Steam could is just a cloud game save system, save game are stored on a server and you can load them from any computer when the game starts. For me it caused more trouble than good, and stop used it entirely. But for people playing on multiple computers that's a good point, there's even few working between Mac and PC.

Yes, buying a steamworks game second-hand might be a sensible choice…
It is a console game too. I'll play it on the loss leading 360 for which I own not a single first hand game but oddly enough rather a lot of games I'd otherwise have bought on PC if not for Steamworks. So yeah, it's actually me saving 40NZD, squeenix losing $50, ms losing $50 (albeit a fair while ago). But to quote the Mastercard ads, the warm feeling of smugness from doing it all perfectly legally and in a way that publishers hate is priceless.

Digital download and Steam or Steam like clients are here to stay. The Earth will never be flat again yet people still b***h about change. It's entertaining.

Barnes and Noble in my town just closed down. Amazon ate them. It's not a tragedy it's the way things progress.

i do get games from direct2drive often buy i'm fairly certain it is owned by rupurt murdochs vast empire so between steam and that its a nobrainer...

Digital download and Steam or Steam like clients are here to stay. The Earth will never be flat again yet people still b***h about change. It's entertaining.

Barnes and Noble in my town just closed down. Amazon ate them. It's not a tragedy it's the way things progress.

Yes, and it doesn't matter how these clients work, what the games cost, and what limitations they place on the end-user, right?

No, I guess because Steam is the leading platform - we should all just accept it instead of trying to make a difference by using other services?

When things happen that can't be stopped - there are many ways to respond. Some people like to argue why it's not good, even when it's inevitable. Other people accept everything that happens - because they don't question the actions of those in power.

Yes, and it doesn't matter how these clients work, what the games cost, and what limitations they place on the end-user, right?

No, I guess because Steam is the leading platform - we should all just accept it instead of trying to make a difference by using other services?

When things happen that can't be stopped - there are many ways to respond. Some people like to argue why it's not good, even when it's inevitable. Other people accept everything that happens - because they don't question the actions of those in power.

DArtagnan I must say I agree with you again. I will laugh in 10 years when steam controls the entire market and makes people pay what they want with restrictions. Sure its all smiles and we love are customers now but that will change. Gabe wont be around forever.

For a similar idea, I already made my good actions in the past, buying Mac to not surrender to Microsoft OS. So I'll skip for this one.

I have a huge problem with digital, I always lost them, that's why I'm more and more hesitant to buy any digital but from those big enough that pretend keep for me my collection, Steam, GamersGate, Apple. If one die a day I'll have only my eyes to cry, but well the truth is I'll lost a long time before any digital I have bought elsewhere.

Quiet dont want to give the unenlightened masses ideas now. Steam in your new overlord.:D The new Slogan for steam should be "Assimilating The World One User At A Time." There is talk about consoles and now mobile devices getting steam.

Yes, absolutely. We wouldn't want people to have different opinions - better that we call them "unenlightened masses".

Yes, absolutely. We wouldn't want people to have different opinions - better that we call them "unenlightened masses".

You obliviously didn't understand that was a jab about people using piracy instead of steam. Does that clarify it better.

I sometimes use Steam and it is quite efficient and allows for backups which you can put on a physical CD/DVD for future use. My main worry is a case that i have heard that a person missed a payment on a new Steam game that he purchased which lead to Steam locking his account - meaning that he could not have access to even games that he previously paid for and purchased until this dispute was settled! Does this mean that if Steam at some time decided that I am not a 'good person' in their books that my account should be blocked!

Another thing, if I bought a game - even retail - why should I download a client and run it in the background contiuously so that I can play that game - is more of the pile of useless code that microsoft are forcing into our operating systems!

I can never remember, does Steamworks enabled mean it requires Steam to play, or just that there'll be Steam achievements and the like if you choose activate the game there?

Back
Top Bottom