Might & Magic X - Location Scouting

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Might & Magic X has a new open development post talking about location scouting.

When I go on vacation, I tend to use the opportunity to bring back tons of pictures and iconography that might one day turn useful at work.

For instance, last year I went to visit Greece and its islands (something I had wanted to do since childhood, all because of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis…). The best parts of the trip were without a doubt the ruins of Knossos in Crete (which were one of the many inspirations for our Shantiri ruins) and the Santorini archipelago. As it turns out, Santorini, and especially its famous village of Oia (often nicknamed “the most beautiful village on Earth”), would become a major inspiration for some of the locales seen in Might & Magic X.
More information.

Santorini is pretty beautiful. The light is weird there, the photos of it all look photoshopped to be extra blue but it does actually look like that when you're there.

Locations/ cultures inspired by reality in a fantasy game are always a double edged sword. We'll see if there's a pervading Mediterranian theme in the game.

Back
Top Bottom