Dungeon Siege 3 - Review @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameBanshee has a review of Dungeon Siege III. As usual of GameBanshee, there are no scores, but "mediocre" would probably sum up their opinion of the game:
Since characters gain so many of their possible upgrades during the course of the campaign, character development isn't all that exciting. I played all four characters all the way to the end of the game, and for each one I always got to the point where I didn't care whether they leveled or not because there weren't any more upgrades that I was interested in. To me, if an RPG doesn't generate discussions somewhere about possible character builds, then it's barely worth playing, and I doubt anybody out there is agonizing over their choices in Dungeon Siege III.
They have also launched their subsite with a database and walkthrough.
More information.

This was a waste of money.
I will never buy a game again, just becouse it's name starts with a "D" and ends with "III". :)

To me DS3 was not a waste of money. I went in expecting to hate the game, but in the end it kind of grew on me. For starters it had by far the best story in the series so far and even some limited c&c. Also, obsidian did a really nice job expanding the lore of the Dungeon Siege world. Control issues and shortness bring the game down a notch, but in the end it's still quite a solid arpg in my opinion.

It was the best hack'n slash I've played for years. Then again, I'm not really a huge hack'n slash fan, so it might just be me.

Back
Top Bottom