RPGWatch Contest - Krabat and the Legend of the Satanic Mill

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We have a new contest. This time not for a game, but for a movie: Krabat and the legend of the Satanic Mill. This German original movie is released on the 19th of September 2011 in the United Kingdom (in the English language). For more information on the movie you can visit our overview page and watch a preview on Youtube.
We can give away 3 DVDs and 3 books which have been reprinted as a film tie-in edition by Harpers Collins. You could win one of these prizes by simply adding a comment to this newsbit. The contest will end on Monday the 26th of September at which point 6 people are randomly selected.
More information.

Edit: The contest is closed!

Last edited:
Maybe obvious as it is a UK release, but the DVD is in the PAL format and for region 2.

Too late. I was going to ask just to be a pain :)

But I never received my prize from the last contest... lol.

Hmmm maybe it's worth a look, Dont see many german Movies, the last good german movie i watch, was Der Undergang (great movie).

The trailer looks fascinating - seems to be a quite different take on the Sorcerer's Apprentice trope.

But the dubbing was painful. In Germany, dubbed movies are de rigeur; however, in the States, people generally hate dubbed movies.

It would have been vastly better to make the trailer in German with English subtitles, using English speaking announcer, of course. After all, the audience for this film in countries like the US and the UK is likely going to be limited to people who watch foreign films from time to time.

I really hope they don't put the dubbed version on Netflix, which is notorious for hosting quite a few dubbed foreign films.

I bet that kid could kick Harry Potter's arse...

Krabat is a great book I remember fondly. I hadn't heard about the film, but with a free DVD, where is the risk? :)

Never heard of it until I read the overview page. I have read the book decades ago, when I was 10 or so (it's a children book I believe, or maybe I read an adaptation who knows) :)

Wonderful book, haunted me for some months afterwards at the time. Wouldn't mind reading it again, and see if the film lives up to it

Last edited:
Never head of it until I read the overview page. I have read the book decades ago, when I was 10 or so (it's a children book I believe, or maybe I read an adaptation who knows) :)

Wonderful book, haunted me for some months afterwards at the time. Wouldn't mind reading it again, and see if the film lives up to it

Children's / Youth book, yes. It's by Otfried Preussler, still one of the best known writers of childrens books in Germany. Krabat is probably the one with the most "adult" atmosphere and subject matter (that I have read at least).

Another Brit here - I was somehow reminded of the movie Black Death from last year (worth a watch), but with added magic. Sort of like the offspring of Black Death and Potter. Probably worth a trip to Blockbuster if the contest doesn't work out! :)

Back
Top Bottom