The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

It's more fun when I'm the trapper since everyone else still runs ahead of me!! :D

For those who didn't know, Turbine is killing earning free TR hearts with Tokens of the Twelve, as of U20. This has, predictably, set off a firestorm. Occupy Wayfinder has lasted over 24 hours as of the Joystiq post (and Joystiq has NEVER posted an article on the storms from Turbine's prior idiocies, like U19. And U14.)

I don't think we can say any more than has been said, but regardless, hit the DDO Forums, Lamannia Server, Lamannia Discussion, and make your voices heard.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/94-Lamannia-Discussion

Pick one.

To be honest, I never knew that earning TR hearts was possible within the game. I guess that I never came that far so far.

Hm, but Sagas don't take place within Stormreach, do they ?

Thank you. I haven't been in close contact to the news for quite some time ...

There are technically three sagas, with three more sub-sagas making up various parts of the FR sagas. One of the issues is that instead of being able to hit half the Eberron content to work toward a heart, you're forced into GH and Eveningstar.

Well, actually it's worse than just having to do sagas … see the release notes in the link below:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-10-18-2013)

But the pertinent details (copied out of that page) are:

Sagas:

NEW: Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
Commendations of Valor are a Bound to Character currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
Heroic True Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 900 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
Iconic True Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 1150 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
Epic Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 2000 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
True Hearts of Wood are no longer available at The Twelve.

Anyone want to grind out those 900 commendations for every toon? Oh, and since the TR hearts are now going to be bound to character, plan on doing every one of those quests on every single toon you want to TR, for however many times are needed to complete the sagas to get enough commendations to get the heart.

Of course, if you're a VIP, you are allowed to skip one (but only one) quest in a saga, or if you're not, you can pay shards instead. But I don't know if that's for every saga or only once per character. Haven't gotten that far yet on any of my toons. And I don't know if that will still be true with the new system.

I think there'll be a rush at The Twelve right now. ;)

Oh yes, you can bet on it. The market has been rather laggy the last few days, so my guess is that everyone is farming Devil Assault.

Some guy posted that he had solved the problem (at least for the time being): He said he had enough tokens of the twelve for 50+ TR hearts, that he was clearing one toon's inventory of all BtC items, and that he was storing all his new hearts there. He figures that gives him enough hearts to TR all his toons whenever he wants for the next 3 years or so, at which point they'll have either fixed this nonsense, or he'll move on to some other game.

If you get a TR heart off of epic tokens, isn't it bound to the character that turns in the tokens? I don't think a heart mule is going to work.

Regardless, we should plan accordingly. We need to start farming tokens as a guild, to ensure we can TR for the forseeable future, if we desire.

I have one heart on Mirys for another life, but would probably want to TR Aneira at least once. Ditto for another TR for Aerie and Rachail. So I need at least 40 tokens, probably pull enough for a couple more hearts.

JM needs 200 tokens, since she was going completionist on Brialle, plus tokens for other TRs.

We could run high levels this week for our Friday session. I think everyone has a 20+ in their stable now. Can a lvl19 run epic if he's in a party with epic toons? I've got no problem running Phuury since he can still improve on his rock-n-roll corpse functions, but I'd rather spend my time getting RhoGu to cap if it's possible.

For my part, I bought a heart for RhoGu last sale so I'm covered for the immediate future. Shadohe would be next in line, but she's only lvl16 so she's got a long way to go and I don't know that I'd be in a big hurry to bring her around anyway since an epic monk might be entertaining. Worst case, if I need a low level and can't TR, I've still got 3 unused toon slots. So, to make a short story long, if we farm on Friday, I'll probably be a donor. I had some help with Wouldii's token collecting, so a little payback would be reasonable anyway.

I have no level 20 toon yet. My Ranger is probably still in his 16s, I guess ...

@dteowner & Alrik - I can run with you on my lvl 17 cleric tonight & tomorrow, if that helps to get your toons up faster. She's pretty durable, especially since I respec'd her. & I think CM may have someone in those ranges as well.

Buy-Back feature is "temporarily unavailable" - & you'll lose stuff

Be careful - you'll lose anything you delete (& possibly sell). So probably should not be using it for temporary storage.

It's the announcement when you first log in:

"The Buy Back feature is temporarily unavailable. Items deleted during this time will not be available for buy back once buy back is restored. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Back
Top Bottom