Gothic 3 Gothic 3 website

Bartacus

BartWatch
Hello guys,

Although I'm not very active in the Gothic 3 fora, I just wanted to let know what I just did. I've send a mail to PB to get a link for our forum on the Gothic 3 website. This due to the fact that all of Newsposters, admins and mods from RPGDot are here now and RPGDot still has a link to them.

Good, interesting to see if it gets posted. Their website is rarely updated at all, unfortantely.

i hope it will be posted. it would be nice

RPGWatch is not really a fansite like the others. RPGDot had a seperate Gothic section, but that is not the case.
Don't think it'll help, but it's worth the try.

Only admins can do that!!

The forum itself has only G3-relevant content. That it has subforums for other parts of the Gothic series doesn't change this.
If it was to be renamed, I'd have to add a new forum for Gothic 3, plus the renamed forum wouldn't have any content (at first) since all posts would have to be moved to the new forum - major restructuring.
Our general policy was to have few forums with lots of traffic instead of a million forums with little traffic each.

That's a pitty that a forumname can't be changed so easily, but it isn't the end. I just hope that we get a little support from PB -> a link on their site would help a lot. Perhaps Sem or Gorath have some contacts or maybe even you, Jaz?

@Bart: Changing a forum's name would take about a second; it's not a technical problem, it's a design decision. We could rename it, of course, but we would have to restructure our forums so they actually make sense.

I already contacted PB about including us, twice; there was no reaction. Other staff members did the same thing IIRC.

I already contacted PB about including us, twice; there was no reaction. Other staff members did the same thing IIRC.

Very strange, it's almost that they are 'forbidden' to post that link. Do you think Jolt could be behind it?

Certainly not. We don´t have a Gothic site yet, and will probably never have much more than an archive of old articles. Until then a link to a small forum isn´t really worth the effort for them to update the page.

Still Gorath, a lot of the Gothicfans of the Dot just moved to RPGwatch. I have the feeling that we're a bit abandonned by them. It is only a very small reassurance that you said Jolt can't be behind it, cause it means that we're nothing at all to them.
About links: Gothic3.net is posted as a good 'English site' -> last newspost is of october 11. I admit that they earn their place in the German section, but absolutely not in the English one. A lot of the fansites aren't really blooming as well, so frankly I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have a link.

Back
Top Bottom