Legend of Grimrock - Gold!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Legend of Grimrock has gone Gold but, unfortunately, it seems we have to wait another week to hear about release details:
That said, we are really happy to announce that we’re now officially in gold, that’s GOOOOOOOOOOLD BABY! *dancing around the office like a fool*
It’s been a long and challenging journey but we have finally reached this important milestone. But we don’t think it’s the end of the road, more like a fork in the road with ways branching into all sorts of interesting directions: iOS, Mac, map editor, sequel, new IP, living in a dumpster totally broke…
icon_wink.gif

Now that the game is done, we can fully concentrate on launch preparations like the trailer, press releases, sending out review copies for the press, interviews and so on.
Everybody at the office is totally jazzed up and we really can’t keep in our pants much longer. You are probably as anxious to hear about the details and we can finally reveal them all next week!
Stay tuned!
Thanks, Rookery!
More information.

First Wasteland 2 and The Banner Saga successes. Age Of Decadence demo came out. Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition announcements with new content, and a possible Kickstarter BG3. Promising indie titles comes to Kickstarter also. Dark Souls PC version seems to be coming. And now my all time favourite dungeon crawler EoB's spiritual successor finally gone gold. Damn, I think I'm in heaven.

Day 1 purchase for me.

And yeah, /agree Gokyabgu. It's a GREAT time to be an RPG fan. Period. Some good resurgence in the mainstream arena, and the indie side of the fence is ON FIRE.

He mentions a map editor as a possibility in the future, how awesome would that be. Really looking forward to this.

Just out of interest, based on the footage and what we know about the game, what price point would you guys expect?

He mentions a map editor as a possibility in the future, how awesome would that be. Really looking forward to this.

Just out of interest, based on the footage and what we know about the game, what price point would you guys expect?

Around 15$.

First Wasteland 2 and The Banner Saga successes. Age Of Decadence demo came out. Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition announcements with new content, and a possible Kickstarter BG3. Promising indie titles comes to Kickstarter also. Dark Souls PC version seems to be coming. And now my all time favourite dungeon crawler EoB's spiritual successor finally gone gold. Damn, I think I'm in heaven.
Indeed! Who would have thought that this would be possible one year ago.
X-Com is also coming (at least Xenonauts will come) and Panzer General came last year as Panzer Corps. The good old school is coming from the indie and small developers.

Around 15$.

It could be even less since they're getting it on Steam. Although Steam could recognize the power of the niche and risk a higher price point than the usual $5-10.

I wonder when I'll have the time to play all those. I miss the good old days before I graduated and had to work XP

Heh - yeah, that's where I am. I realized I am acquiring RPGs a lot faster than I have time to play through 'em. Stupid sales. Way back in the day, when I was in school, I had plenty of time for playing games. I guess if I gave up being an indie, I'd find plenty of time to do that now...

But no. That ain't gonna happen.

Screenshots look good, but I've learned to wait for a bunch of reviews before buying.

Zzzz indeed.
Was there any more detailed info on level design?
So far this game seems all about production values, is there anything more to it?

A lot of rehashing these days, zzz.

This looks awesome, I can't wait. :biggrin:

Daniel.

This is one of the few modern games that I have been hyping about.

Beyond the amazing visuals - what are you guys hyped about?

I ask because it looks rather simplistic to me, though I haven't followed development very closely.

Beyond the amazing visuals - what are you guys hyped about?

The premise of a modern Dungeon Master clone. Should be no surprise I have a fetish for that genré.

Good question! Well this game has been created as an updated homage to Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder, these were games I absolutely loved which are still fun today.

So basically it's some awesome retro gaming with new updated graphics and various improvements to the genre. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom