Any news about Demonicon?

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch
Demonicon: the dark eye seem to be coming soon with a release date of 25th of Oct 2013.

There is not much news about it, but there are some bits of information on gamestar - hope that our German speaking colleagues can give us some translations. Particularly there is not much on the rpg aspects of the game.

Also there has been HUGE amount of activity over the last 8 months of the Steam database for this game!

Come on, we need more German rpgs beside the gothics/risens ;).

I'm sorry, but I don't follow it anymore, except for a few bits here and there. It's simply because I've decided that this isn't "my kind of game".

But - at the end of October there is the board games fair in Essen, Germany, again, I might perhaps be able to ask at Ulisses there (and I could ask them about the NLT remake, too).

I'm sorry, but I don't follow it anymore, except for a few bits here and there. It's simply because I've decided that this isn't "my kind of game".

But - at the end of October there is the board games fair in Essen, Germany, again, I might perhaps be able to ask at Ulisses there (and I could ask them about the NLT remake, too).

Thanks Alrik. The game is now available for pre-order on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215630/

Alrik but OMG why, oh, why?

I'm definetly buying it, but will be patient till the last day waiting if preorder option appears on GOG by some miracle. If not, well... No matter. Steam will get some cash instead.

Here are some answers from their forum to questions that I had. It appears that is a story driven rpg with choices and consequences along the likes for the Witcher:

======
1) Is the game open world (i.e. you can go freely where you like with scope for exploration) or is it linear where you have to follow a specific path? and can you re-visit previous locations?

it is not an open world game. you have some not-linear freedom but most of the game is story driven and linear.

2) Can you kill any NPC? i.e. can the world and AI respond to such actions just in Gothic or Skyrim?

as far as i know not really.

3) How many endings there are, and is there going to be a replay value?

there are different endings but i can not spoil about them but again it has not the game size of a skyrim. the overall play time is about 25 hours.

4) Are there going to be companions? and if there are can you control them and their stats?

no, it is a single main character rpg.

5) What engine you are using for developing the game?

we used the havok/vision engine.

6) Is there going to be a collector edition for the UK (can't find one in Amazon.co.uk)?

outside germany there is no collectors edition planned right now. the dark eye license is best known in germany with a huuuuge fanbase.
========

6) Is there going to be a collector edition for the UK (can't find one in Amazon.co.uk)?

outside germany there is no collectors edition planned right now. the dark eye license is best known in germany with a huuuuge fanbase.
========

And I thought they're done with the prejudice that ruined Drakensang franchise.

And I thought they're done with the prejudice that ruined Drakensang franchise.
Don't forget Two Worlds 2 and Might & Magic X. :) I hate that they do this but sadly I haven't bought a boxed game in a while.

Anyways most PC releases in the US are digital now. I always have to import collector editions of certain RPGs.

Last edited:
Not an irony, simply didn't know and am expecting a great game.

It has respawns, I thought you hated respawns, joxer.

So guys, this game worth keeping a lookout for?
I am way more interested in blackguards… it s out on steam for preorder (no way am I doing that ever again for a game after how dark turned out)

Even if it becomes a rough imitation of the Witcher..I'll be happy with it.

So guys, this game worth keeping a lookout for?
I am way more interested in blackguards… it s out on steam for preorder (no way am I doing that ever again for a game after how dark turned out)

Even if it becomes a rough imitation of the Witcher..I'll be happy with it.

There are a number of preview articles around and list on the watch's news section. It looks like a story driven rpg with choices and consequences like the Witcher, with tactical combat like in Witcher 2, divinity 2 or Mars War logs.

It has respawns, I thought you hated respawns, joxer.

Didn't notice this post before.
Yes I hate respawns but not just every type of respawns.
I hate unstoppable/endless respawns added to a game just because devs have no idea how to keep you occupied for hours. What I hate even more than that is adding a level cap because of limitless respawning idiotic design. And how come since those mobs are resurrected all the time at spots they were before, how come your character is also not resurrected when he/she/it dies at the same spot, but usually, the bad respawn design also means some cretinous stoneage consoles era imbecillism so called "checkpoints"?

Last edited:
There are a number of preview articles around and list on the watch's news section. It looks like a story driven rpg with choices and consequences like the Witcher, with tactical combat like in Witcher 2, divinity 2 or Mars War logs.

Cool. mars Wars was p. decent for its price. and i wouldn't count combat in div2 or witcher 2 as tactical…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom