Suggestion: You guys should have a chat box!

Crispy

Disgusting Thing
We, your loving neighbors over at RPG Codex, have really, REALLY enjoyed our newest feature, the beloved Shoutbox, as some of you may have already noticed. It's a great way to encourage and foster intelligent, constructive, and always entertaining discussion in more of an off-the-cuff, less moderated, more spontaneous format that has, at least so far, really served to enrich the overall experience of visiting rpgcodex.net.

You guys should totally do something like this! I don't know what you'd call it — possibly something like WatchTalk? How about RadioChatter? Or maybe something more mundane like ours (seriously, I'm not sure who was responsible for the name of Shoutbox but I can assure you, that's not what we refer to it as very often).

Anyway, like I said, it's a great addition to any booming community. In our case, Shoutbox has served wonderfully to dramatically cut into our daily generation of GD traffic, diverting much of its more, shall we say, "random" comments into a focused, channeled, easily-archived buffer of sorts that is probably saving DarkUnderlord hundreds if not thousands of hosting dollars per month! It really is great.

So I hope you take this suggestion and implement something like this to similarly enhance your own community and continue to foster its important, yet metered, growth.

Yours Truly,

- Crispy

Dude. "Watchbox". That's brilliant!

Edit: But that suggests that the format they'd have it in would be an actual box on the side of the screen like ours is and we don't want to be making any imposed impositions on the Watch.

A great idea indeed you fine fellows! But maybe call it 'Tower Box Watch Shout' as it seems more tailor made for this fine spectacled establishment.

So Crispy, you want a fast paced forum to meet your friends of the wiccan web to deal your illegal acquired Watches in a Watchbox at the Watch - amirite?

Attachments

• watchbox-01.jpg
    watchbox-01.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 70
There should just be a looping wav file of a guy with turrets syndrome screaming explitives. It would waste less time than a chatbox but still give HiddenX something to complain about besides me and my alleged spam or whatever the voices tell him is wrong with me.

turrets syndrome

south-korea-turret-super-aegis.jpg

… he undermined their world with mockery …

Attachments

• 200px-TheManWhoJaped(1stEd).jpg
    200px-TheManWhoJaped(1stEd).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 67
… he undermined their world with mockery …

I reserve the right to mock developers who deserve it, to be critical of what they say instead of lavishing praise on all of them regardless of whether they deserve it. I don't mock anyone on the site. Yet you are the one always commenting about me.

Not to mention HHR. If you take offense to him it just shows it's all about whether people agree with you or not, whether you like them on a personal level. For that matter I don't see you do anything but post about other people on the site. You're the kind of person that makes message boards an annoying experience and drags down discussion, and by your own criteria if anyone here should be banned, it's you.

I didn't say anything about HHR here, so far he seems pretty reasonable here at the Watch.
I indeed don't like your attitude and tone at all.
I post rarely on other people, but I'll reveal trolling and bad behaviour.
I don't have any criteria for banning someone, only Myrthos has.

I didn't say anything about HHR here, so far he seems pretty reasonable here at the Watch.

Yes you just talk about him behind his back on other sites. I guess that's ok then.

I indeed don't like your attitude and tone at all.
I post rarely on other people, but I'll reveal trolling and bad behaviour.

Then report my posts, or at least when you bitch about it point to actual posts and what's supposed to be wrong. Don't be a passive aggressive coward stirring up crap for no reason. You got MinorityReport banned that way, and I don't think it was necessary at all for things to go as they did.

I've never trolled here, never mocked anyone as you claimed, and never made any unpleasant posts except to defend myself.

I don't have any criteria for banning someone, only Myrthos has.

Oh so it's not really any of your business but you do it anyway. like I said, exactly the kind of person that makes websites like this an annoyance, who won't let others simply post in peace.

I got MinorityReport banned? I barely talked to him at all.

Who is stirring up something here?

You want examples for your trolling and bad behaviour?
This for example you said to good old Mrs. Crooked Bee:

No one gives two shits what your opinion is, crooked bee. I have been lurking a lot for at least a year now (a while before some boards went pay only) and you don't have shit to say, except for retarded shit you bring to moderating the site which makes it totally useless for discussing actual RPGs and which every single person but you and that other loser hate with a passion.

Last edited:
Must be boring times at RPGCodex to bother us with a chat box request.

Hey, I didn't mean any offense at all. If you don't like my suggestion then that's just fine.

Crispy you are always a good embessador of the Codex.
But a Watchbox is way too fast for our best (and very old) moderator Corwin :)
So we decline politely your suggestion.

If we need a Chat Box urgently - we use the Codex one ;)

Oh, and that brings up a subject that I'd like to brooch here as opposed to starting a whole new topic: that of "you" and "us" being inextricably related now.

Like it or not, RPG Watch and RPGCodex are brothers. We may not like each other much, we may not always get along, but we are as intertwined in our relationship as a sickly green alien parasite is its poor mortal human host.

Why is this? It's of course because of our rivalry and eventual success in backing Divinity: Original Sin. Both our communities' names have been enshrined forever in the opening screen of that game, one which has turned out to be one of the best and most important RPG's released in years, and thousands upon thousands of people (are forced to) read those names every time they boot the game up. I happen to think that's pretty effing cool myself.

So let us fight not, brothers; let us embrace our sibling-hood and strive to avoid such petty conflicts that have separated us in the past.

But, lest you might forget, we still got top billing. I had to throw that in there.

You never get to choose your brothers (or sisters), you just have them

Siblings? Cousins, maybe? I suppose every family has "those people". In this case, Codex might be the strange sex-offender uncle that wears his KKK robes at home when he's on the internet, but when he's out in the real world, he only mutters sometimes about how people should consider that the world might actually be flat. ;p

Back
Top Bottom