Space Rangers 2 - Expansion Coming to TGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Back in September the Elemental boards had news of a "Gold" edition of Space Rangers 2 that would include additions and improvements:
New features:

- 20 new text quests!
- 27 new maps for planetary battles!
- New government tasks.
- New equipment and unique hull designs, including three super spaceships.
- New game modes: step-by-step progress through text quests and planetary battles.
- Expanded interface of ship’s hold and information center.
...and a few days ago, Stardock quietly let forum readers know TotalGaming.Net would have the exclusive on the "expansion pack":
Hey guys - just a heads-up on the down-low that TotalGaming.net will have the exclusive on the Space Rangers 2 expansion pack.
Wink.gif
More info should be available in a couple weeks.
No other info, so we are assuming the expansion content is the same as the additions to the Gold version, but we'll have to wait for details - including the versions this TGN release will be compatible with.
More information.

Glad to hear the game will finally get an expansion, it sure took a while to come around..But Its a great game and I cant wait to hear more about this....Also, I like Stardock as well :p so Im glad they'll be the ones to distribute it I guess.

G.

Definitely a fun game - had been planning a re-play for this year!

I'm currently enjoying the game quite a bit, but I don't know that the listed features would make me want to buy the expansion.

Exactly what I was thinking.

$10 = instabuy (the 9 mission with coop addon for Hidden & Dangerous 2 was $10)
$20 = probably not (man, I'm cheap)

I was thinking about picking this one up. Now that they are releasing an expansion, i will most certainly buy it. I read that there were a lot of bugs in the gamne. Have they been fixed?

My understanding from 1c Company Publishing is this expansion will include “Space Rangers”, “Space Rangers 2: Dominators” and all previously issued patches, as well as some other resources.

An announcement was made back in January 2008 here:
Space Rangers 2 Gold Version

It's also stated in the 1C Official Forum thread that the US version will have no Copy Protection. It's unknown at this point if there will be a Starforce removal tool for people who own the US 1.3 version.

I will likely purchase the Gold version just so I have a US Boxed "non-starforced protected" copy of the game.

Ubbax
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

I was thinking about picking this one up. Now that they are releasing an expansion, i will most certainly buy it. I read that there were a lot of bugs in the gamne. Have they been fixed?
Other than some "interesting" translation goofs that don't affect gameplay, I have not encountered a single bug so far.

My understanding from 1c Company Publishing is this expansion will include “Space Rangers”, “Space Rangers 2: Dominators” and all previously issued patches, as well as some other resources.

An announcement was made back in January 2008 here:
Space Rangers 2 Gold Version

I just bought SR2 for 35€. I guess I can toss it straight to the bin then.

Before rushing to sell my newly bought game for pennies in ebay I dag up som more info on the "addon":

It will come as a separate disk (and most likely it will be possible to download it as SR2 itself), which will cost some money. Of course game will be patched to 2.0 version and you know, people who owned disk already saying that it comes starforce free - can you believe?.

Sounds like you can buy it as an addon or bundled together with SR1&2.

In Russia it costs from about 15$ (Jewel and DVD-box versions) to about 35$ (so called collection edition, which includes metallic sign of the ranger (remember that from the game) with unique number inscribed on it and some of fan-art on disk itself).

Those prices are reasonable. I guess I should wait and see.

And all versions will include original SR1 and SR2 starforce free!
http://www.elementalgames.com/forum/msg.php?lang=eng&forum=rangers&theme=484&page=auto

Even the 15$ dvdcase edition? Ill pay 15-25€ for this small expansion but no more. If they ask full price for it then its a crooked deal for sure.

Picture of the russian special edition: http://funkyimg.com/u/92324ren.jpg looks like a light manual and som metallic badge.

Back
Top Bottom