Fable 2 - Will it Live Up to the Hype? @ XboxKings

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's a potentially cynical title but this article from XboxKings.com is basically a preview that focuses on Molyneux's ambitions with Fable 2:
"I hope those who enjoy the game rate it in their top three games of all time." That's pretty ambitious. "In fact, being ambitious, if I asked anybody they would say that Fable 2 featured as their number one game," says Molyneux.

To reach his ambitions Molyneux has spent a long time tackling two key issues: how to make people care about the game and how to make it rich and deep enough to satisfy hardcore gamers and simple enough to attract new players. "What it comes down to is making this one of the greatest stories computer games have ever told. I want people to sit down and play the game with a friend. Now sometimes your friend could be a gamer. But probably more likely your friend is going to be someone who has never played the game before," says Molyneux.http://xboxkings.com/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=995&lang=uk
More information.

There were a lot of gimmicks in the original fable that just didn't come together as fun aspects of the game. The whole emotive system was kind of lame, farting at someone or giving "manly fist pumps" is not a worthwhile replacement for dialogue options or even all that fun as just something odd you can do. It appears that he wants to take that system further and allow you to do it during cutscenes and actual conversations. If he doesn't put a whole lot more in to making the emotes mean something to the player and npc, then this is just more empty gimmick.

The experience system was a bust too, the combat multiplier just encouraged you to use the best strategy (physical shield) which made the game too easy. That was really the main problem, in my opinion, the game was too easy period. I don't think I can rate a game highly that has such a low challenge factor. I haven't read anything where he has addressed the game difficulty, but from the new breadcrumb trails (which makes the quest compass seem hard to use in comparison) my bet is he is still catering to the lowest common denominator in terms of gaming skill.

Even with all of that, I thought Fable was a pretty decent game. I paid 15 bucks for it off of Xbox live though, I might have been a bit miffed at paying 50 bucks for 10-12 hours of play if I had bought it when it first came out.

Last edited:
Is this comming out on the PC? Or is it console only? I know the first one came out at a later date. I wonder if they will do the same with this one.

Back
Top Bottom