The Witcher 2 - New Screens

For a game due out in a month, I haven't seen any footage with a crowd of people being shown. Every shot has Geralt all alone and they also are all of the old Geralt before the aging. It'd be nice if they'd release something from a current build. I need to look at the trailers again and see if there's some crowd shots.

I'm also curious as to why Geralt looks so much older but Triss looks almost exactly as she did 10 years ago. Do the books say sorcerers are long-lived?

For a game due out in a month, I haven't seen any footage with a crowd of people being shown. Every shot has Geralt all alone and they also are all of the old Geralt before the aging.
I´m not sure if these have been already posted, but here are some new-ish screenshots showing some crowd.

I'm also curious as to why Geralt looks so much older but Triss looks almost exactly as she did 10 years ago. Do the books say sorcerers are long-lived?
From what I´ve seen I´d say Geralt doen´t look that old in the game, it´s just the lighting and "artistic license" that make him look so on the cover.

For a game due out in a month, I haven't seen any footage with a crowd of people being shown. Every shot has Geralt all alone and they also are all of the old Geralt before the aging. It'd be nice if they'd release something from a current build. I need to look at the trailers again and see if there's some crowd shots.

Able to magically control their appearance, yes. However the sequel takes place almost immediately after the events in the first game. The improvement in Geralt's appearance is just that - an improvement, not an attempt to portray additional passage of time.

@DeepO Thanks for the links! I hadn't seen these shots.

@kalniel
Okay, that makes sense. Because I sometimes sound much more critical than I really am, I want to say this is a first-day buy for me. I'll probably just pre-order on GoG. That'll give this site a tiny bit of revenue and it stops me from cluttering up my computer room with more boxes :) Since I own three copies of The Witcher, (US/UK/digital EE) maybe I'll try to keep it to just one this time.

TW2 kinda gives me an Oblivion vibe graphically. It seems to be about that level technically, which is plenty good for me. I've noticed that almost all males are just butt-ugly, including Geralt. Most females are pretty ugly too, except for the sex partners, who are all cute. I very much like the clothing on most of the characters. It looks lived in, which is a nice touch. I will say that the architecture seems a little better than big O, more detail in the objects. Picture 7 seems to show the ending of a group style attack, though that could just be my interpretation. Picture 4 is disturbing-you have a minstrel and a jesture at a hanging :)

I'm curious as to whether Geralt can jump this time. In TW1, the only time Geralt could jump was in combat. Also, he runs fastest if he has his blade drawn in the fast style mode in that game. It'd be nice if he could run that fast without a weapon in his hand. I always hated playing in town during the day because Geralt ran like he was wearing high-heels.

Last edited:
Anyone read anything about the combat or controlls, is it the same crappy system? Can you jump? I Really disliked that you couldnt jump/climb in the previos game. The hero is supposed to be this super agile guy, but if there's a 10 cm height, wow, that's waaay out of his league and he has to find another passage. Game breaking bad imo.

If they fix that this would be on top of my buy list, really liked the setting, characters etc.

For a game due out in a month, I haven't seen any footage with a crowd of people being shown.

Their early video showed a rather large crowd in a Town and there is this.

Anyone read anything about the combat or controlls, is it the same crappy system? Can you jump? I Really disliked that you couldnt jump/climb in the previos game. The hero is supposed to be this super agile guy, but if there's a 10 cm height, wow, that's waaay out of his league and he has to find another passage. Game breaking bad imo.

If they fix that this would be on top of my buy list, really liked the setting, characters etc.

Yes, Geralt can now jump over obstacles. Actually, it was the first mentioned TW2 feature :p

Combat system is completely different, check out gameplays on YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUazuUBZ4Y

Damn, a lot of barrel rolls…

Sounds really good :) Swimming under water is hoping for way too much i guess, all new RPG's seems to have removed that feature, hopefully Bethesda keeps it for Skyrim. I really prefer RPG's where you have full controll of where you can go.

I'm totally geeked up on this game. I'm in Chapter 3 of my scoia'tel run through. Should finish before I leave on vacation, to Las Vegas, and then it'll be two long weeks waiting for the release.

Do the books say sorcerers are long-lived?

No but they use magic to alter their look, to look more prety and younger. Trich actual got a hunchback, before she become a sorceres.

No but they use magic to alter their look, to look more prety and younger. Trich actual got a hunchback, before she become a sorceres.

Now every time I will see Trish's pretty face, I will only see an old hag with a hunchback.

Hey ho lets go… or put DA2 to shame ;)
Inventory
z9396318O.jpg

Character Abilities
z9396355O.jpg

z9396365O.jpg

Character Attributes
z9396391O.jpg

Game running on med settings
http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/3/9395/z9395913O.jpg
on high
z9396065O.jpg

BTW You can actually go to the castle… more on Polygamia or GameCorner

^Google translated here.

YES!! Social skills ftw.

Also, among other things, "Hmm, for a moment on the screen showed me that had not passed a mission up there. And it's not like I went down to the underworld, only now, after a certain time, apparently. So are the missions with limited time. Good to know."
That´s really cool, if used in right doses.

Skill tree looks fine, with a strong sense of support for specialization.
Hopefully the bronze/silver/gold or whatever talent distribution will go well hand in hand with it.

z9394775O.jpg

Looks well in line with the first game.

Last edited:
Nice...

I see they've split armor into seperate pieces this time. I hope they're keeping the inventory system mostly the same.

Thanks for all the screenies. This game has quickly moved into my list of can't waits. I'll have to remember to preorder this tonight, when I get home. Hopefully it is long enough and has enough replay value, that I can make it last for a couple months. The Witcher and Two Worlds Two both seem to be legitimate competition to the big B's (Bioware/Bethesda). I plan on getting a boxed copy too, at some point.

As a chronologically mature adult, I also appreciate their addition of nudity/sex to go along with all the violence. You just know Bioware and Bethesda will never make this jump officially, though the modding community has taken care of that quite well.

Very nice! A real inventory. Now only if they would get rid of the weight limit ala Gothic. Who wants that tedium? Nevermind, I'll never understand the masochistic mind. ;)

I'll be happy if we can carry more than our potions and a couple of weapons. The first game's inventory was very limited.

Hell no... the first game's inventory was great imo. I'm tired of how most games give you a backpack that works like the TARDIS. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom