RPGWatch Feature: The Broken Hourglass Diary #1

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Broken Hourglass is one of the promising indie titles expected this year that we've been keeping a close eye on. Planewalker's Jason Compton offered to write a diary series for RPGWatch and this first entry is titled The Dangers of "What You Asked For":
I have always considered myself to be a "good asker." As a student, I was never shy about raising my hand (or not) and asking questions during class. As an adult, I am not ashamed to admit I need help and not afraid to impose upon others to get it. Being a good asker, overall, has served me well as an independent RPG producer, a role in which I frequently have to ask for things to be done faster, better, and for less money than the providers would otherwise be inclined to deliver them.
Read on...
More information.

Interesting diary. DO all the people that work at Planewalker game live near each other? Or close enough to have in person meetings? I figured they were spread out like Irontower, or even more so seeing as they started off with the BG2 mods, right? But I remember his saying at his phone interview that he sat down with the guy hat made the engine.

I'm also looking forward to this game and it's good to see this series of articles on the Watch.

I think the articles are a great idea to build interest in the game. Well done Jason, an easy and enjoyable read!!

I remember his saying at his phone interview that he sat down with the guy hat made the engine.

Figure of speech. Although I have met Wes in person, when we had the big "Can We Do This?" talk I think I was pacing around my dining room.

Although I have met some of the people working on the game in person at least once, many of the contractors on the game live in distant countries.

Back
Top Bottom