Chaos Chronicles - Legal Troubles

Need to hear from the other side though. I remember not long ago, Paradox hired a 3rd party developer to make Magna Mundi, and all reports from the developer led you to think it was pretty much ready to release… then all of a sudden, Paradox canceled the game when it was like a month for release. Turned out the developer was lying about the state of the game, and Paradox had given them like 1 year extension out of their pocket to complete it and still it was in bad shape when they took the hard decision. Maybe something like that is the case here too, we really don't know the whole story.

They wanted to not pay for the work but still get the game. Whatever happened that's plain ridiculous. If it's really not making milestones they should have canceled it. And you know it's not like they have ever released a stable game.

They wanted to not pay for the work but still get the game. Whatever happened that's plain ridiculous. If it's really not making milestones they should have canceled it. And you know it's not like they have ever released a stable game.

Actually they have. Crusader Kings 2 (their latest) was very stable and mostly bug free, and that's probably why they decided to cancel Magna Mundi. In years past they would have gone with it, but it looks like they've learned their lesson. They even said that if they were the Paradox of 2010 or earlier they would have already released EU4 months ago.

Paradox couldn't lie straight in bed if they were nailed there in a full body cast. We believe in DRM free! Our games will soon be on GOG! No Preorder DLC with gameplay features! Fred Wester invented Achtung Panzer (might have thought Paradox would have heard of Heinz Guderian…)! We don't have a preferred DD provider! We won't release a buggy mess this time, promise!

Things change. DLC is a consequence of the Steam model: Since your base game is going to be heavily discounted soon after launch, you need to get the value from add ons on top of a base product. Not a bad thing, since if your base product is rubbish noone will buy any DLC. I have no problem with Paradox until they start dumbing down their games, adding real time combat etc.

Signed. Hopefully this gets resolved and it is eventually released. Until then, at least we have D:OS to look forward to.

What's D: OS?

I just wasn't familiar with the initials like that! I know of the game and look forward to it! Though I didn't Kickstart it.

Inquirer :) You should try tweeting or emailing RPS about the petition…who knows. (Rock Paper Shotgun in case you aren't familiar with the Initials ;) hehe )

Hey hidden X can you tell the little trolls my story was up a day before gamebanshee. I'm sure there dying to know.;)

I refuse to join their community.

Your doing a great job, i appreciate it all the rpg newsbits.
How dare they claim to be first lol.

Did you ever heard of the war machine kickstarter? its doing really well and is turn based machine/mage rpg.

Hey hidden X can you tell the little trolls my story was up a day before gamebanshee. I'm sure there dying to know.;)

I refuse to join their community.

Never beat a dead horse - and I was anti-trolling a whole sunny sunday afternoon for you, already… :)

PS:
They have spies, too - so they have read it already. :movingon:

Last edited:
Things change. DLC is a consequence of the Steam model: Since your base game is going to be heavily discounted soon after launch, you need to get the value from add ons on top of a base product. Not a bad thing, since if your base product is rubbish noone will buy any DLC. I have no problem with Paradox until they start dumbing down their games, adding real time combat etc.
Fred Wester was still beating the drm free drum in Jan 2012 and had tweeted about paradox games being on GOG a month or so earlier. At the same time his company was trying to make CK2 exclusively use steam which would mean no drm free- unless you think steam isn't drm, it's a warm breeze floating off the ocean because drm = bad, steam = good and good != bad ergo steam != drm QED!- and no GOG. Either he was ignorant of what was happening at his own company, or he was spinning like a dynamo and lying like a rug. Bob Kotick has more integrity, at least he's honest about what his company is about.

TLDR Paradox and any other publisher will lie till they turn blue if they think it's in their best interest, and they simply do not have any principles. Trusting them is a mug's game.

The problem is a company is not a person. One guy doesn't really have the ultimate say even if he is CEO and everyone's livelihood is tied up in it, so no you can't ever really trust them. Maybe something like when Gary Gygax was in charge of TSR but that's rare (and didn't last long) and for every good guy there's a steve jobs to point the finger at.

Brian Fargo is the only one I can think of today where you have the funds yet still have just one guy in charge.

I am absolutely sobered by the release states of Shadowrun Returns and Blade of Destiny. So another one is off the table. Next plz

Hard to know what is really going on from Bitcomposer's statement. Seems to be their contention that a director with part ownership left Coreplay and are causing difficulties. Hard to understand though why Coreplay themselves would be avoiding mediation meetings.

Back
Top Bottom