Dungeon Siege 3 - Co-op Trailer

Couldn't care less about co-op.
I'd like to see some inventory management!

Last edited:
If you don't care about co-op in DS3, you probably shouldn't care about DS3 at all.
Though, there is some inventory management in this video here at about 3 minutes in.

The co-op side is not that obvious when looking at the video. I suppose the clock is part of it but...

If you don't care about co-op in DS3, you probably shouldn't care about DS3 at all.
Though, there is some inventory management in this video here at about 3 minutes in.

Why you dont have to play or use co-op. I know I dont plan on using it. Its just an option from what information there is available about the game. Its not forced on you as the game is still a singleplayer Arpg.

Or the single player part could be a side option to the MU part.

Since the beginning, I've been feeling this game is strongly oriented toward MU and the video does not show quite well the level of quality one can expect from co-op.

Or the single player part could be a side option to the MU part.

Since the beginning, I've been feeling this game is strongly oriented toward MU and the video does not show quite well the level of quality one can expect from co-op.

I wouldn't know as the game is advertised as a SPARPG not a Co-Op Rpg as I stated before. If it is I will be very disappointed. I found some co-op info as follows-

All the characters work well together. Mix 'em up for endless varieties of ways to defeat the various baddies you’ll come across in DSIII.

You can revive fallen comrades, Left 4 Dead style. If you both (or all) die, you’ll be taken back to the last save point.

There are certain achievements and trophies that can only be unlocked in multiplayer mode.

While the host player makes all of the choices in conversations, there is a voting system where other players can mark what their votes for courses of action are. There are various achievements/trophies for going with/against the party.

Pressing up on the D-Pad will always help players out if they get lost, creating a breadcrumb trail to follow (can be turned off/on) so long as the quest is tracked (you can do this from the equip menu)

Some QA

Q: When playing the game on local Co-op, I have heard that the second player's character isn't saved, so all the loot that player has collected will not be saved for when he/she returns to the game to continue. Is this true? – slayer90k

A: All of the loot that the character has collected and all of the levels that they have gained are saved on the host game. All of that information is persistent and stays. Whether you jump in and jump out, it'll be there. You have impacted the story of that game and the story of that character.

Okay. Local co-op only benefits the host. Which isn't too much of a problem, since people who play on the same couch can usually coordinate their game time. How about online co-op?

Q: Will ALL players be able to save their progress and level up while playing in online co-op? Or will only one player be able to save their progress (the host) while playing in co-op?

A: The save games [for everyone] work through the host player.

Maybe this info helps as from what I read you have control even in co-op mode if you go online it only benefits you.

Last edited:
Co-op makes me more likely to buy DS3. Simple as that :)

Maybe someone can tell me why co-op is so appealing and being put in more games lately? I'm not putting the genre down just curious as Its not for me.

Last edited:
Not sure whether it's a trend or not but they've mentioned a lot that they wanted to bring back the co-op feel of games like Dark Alliance in DS3. I guess DS has always had a strong multiplayer component and while DS3 is different than the other two games in the series, I guess they wanted to keep that going.

As for me, I will definitely play DS3 single player. But then again, I consider the co-op part a fun boon to it and from the looks of it, I think it'll be a lot of fun to hack'n'slash through monsters with a buddy as well.

Maybe someone can tell me why co-op is so appealing and being put in more games lately? I'm not putting the genre down just curios as Its not for me.

I wouldn't say it's being put in more games lately - many older games were co-op and then we seemed to be getting fewer and fewer, so it's going back to how it used to be IMHO.

As for why it's appealing to me - it's simply because I enjoy playing computer games with my wife (local) and our friends (via the web). Whether that's Baldur's Gate, Diablo or Gauntlet :)

I am a very antisocial player, never do any co-op or multi. From my point of view, every single EUR spent on multiplayer options are wasted money.
Really hope they did a long and strong SP campaign, not just an excuse for the single player part.
Now, show some inventory managment:furious:

Last edited:
Why you dont have to play or use co-op. I know I dont plan on using it. Its just an option from what information there is available about the game. Its not forced on you as the game is still a singleplayer Arpg.

Yes, of course you can still play the game as a single player ARPG. But co-op and single player is identical with added bonus features in co-op (4 player parties as opposed to 2 in single player, agree/disagree choice system which rewards you differently depending on your stance on the host's choices), so I think it is safe to assume that the most fun will be had in co-op. I am not saying it is going to be impossible to enjoy the game without co-op but you would be missing out on an important part of the game if you were totally averse to co-op.

szokol said:
Now, show some inventory managment
I have already posted a link directly below your post to a video where inventory management is shown and explained…

Maybe someone can tell me why co-op is so appealing and being put in more games lately? I'm not putting the genre down just curious as Its not for me.

Coop is a feature I've been looking forward to for long now. Real co-op with complementary characters. It adds tactics, it allows team work.

Not really satisfied with what has been delivered so far, that felt more like overlapping habilities rather than complementary habilities. Team work being rather demanding, I found the main trouble is to developp an system open enough to allow easily teamwork to take root and rich enough to justify teamwork. Dont go solo because teamwork is worthwhile and in the meantime, co ordination is not that a hassle it requires training.

Your piece of information summed it up in the first sentence: characters are said to work well one with another and in multiple ways. It did not show though in the video as it is hard to see how characters' powers interact with each other.

It looks like they brushed up the MU side as they tried to avoid loopholes and came with interesting mechanics to make decision taking go smoothly within the party. So the game should allow players to get in and merge into a party quite easily while avoiding petty bickering.

I played it a tiny bit at the RPC - just the beginning.

You can chose between a male character and a female character - at least that's what I saw.

It definitively plays as a co-op game at least in the beginning (and I didn't play long at all ! - simply because using the xbox controller was nothing but a chore to me … I'm just not used to that BEEEEEP thing !)

Well, it definitively plays like a co-op game at least in the beginning - and the other part of the duo is played by the AI.

At least that's my impression.

In this respect it isn't too much indifferent from Hunted by Bethesda - wghich I played a tiny bit and quit even much earlier because of the BEEEPED controllers !!!

Both games come out for the PC as well, the people said to me.

And, by the way, I got a preorder sheet saying I coul get 5 Euros discount when I preorder Hunted.

And Dungeon Siege III preorderers get a small comic.

I JUST HATE THESE BLOODY CONTROLLERS !!!

Alrik I hate those controllers to it took some patience to get used to the xbox controller when I mostly use mouse and keyboard controls. I still cant play fps games on a console though.

Yes, I understand. ;)

I asked a second time - and no, this isn't a two-player co-op game, since there are 2 more party members to come ... They have already been revealed, but I had forgotten about them ...

Back
Top Bottom