Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 5 Clarification

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Well, well, well. It turns out all the controversy over the (missing) next Elder Scrolls was a pretty bad mis-quote. Here's Pete Hines, courtesy of Kotaku:
That was not a direct quote from him. That was someone's interpretation of what he said. I know, I was there. At his QuakeCon talk he was asked when TESV is coming out and Todd replied, "Don't look for a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future." He also went on to say how much the franchise means to us and that it definitely will continue. He just wasn't going to provide any timeframe on "when." This should not be news to anyone that has been paying attention. Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game. The last one was enormously popular. So was the one before that. You get the idea. So do we.
More information.

Now that that is all cleared up, we can move on to solving world hunger...

And here I was hoping that they would make something new and more unique. Here comes another fantasy rpg.

and here I thought they were going to abandon the franchise and license Dwarf Fortress for a sequel ...

@Mike *laugh*

Anyways, I'm glad for the clarification. I still quite enjoy Elder Scrolls as long as we can continue to mod the heck out of it.

I like the vanilla game too, but I agree that being able to add in exactly what you like and change what you don't, is a major selling point for the TES franchise.

I like the vanilla game too, but I agree that being able to add in exactly what you like and change what you don't, is a major selling point for the TES franchise.

It is a major selling point for PC but it isn't for consoles. And most sales will probably be on the consoles.

I enjoyed Oblivion. Like many others I really did not the item/creature leveling aspect of it. I understand that 'leveling' helps with the whole 'sandbox' idea of the game.

But in implementation it really takes away a lot of the excitement of leveling your character. And it takes away the excitement of exploration. Ever wondered too far into the woods in Gothic 1 and got eaten alive by a wolf? It was punishing. But later, you go back to those woods, bigger and stronger, and you kill those wolves. Very satisfying.

I hope the next TES can somehow bring back the excitment that should be there as your character 'grows.'

I hope the next TES can somehow bring back the excitment that should be there as your character 'grows.'

"They" (the modders) did that like 2 days after release (removed the enemies leveling).. i hope you're not playing on xbox in case you do you're really missing out on a great game.

I can really recommend "oblivion stutter remover" which makes the game unbelievably smooth. I'm playing with Open cities (makes the cities like in Gothic, a part of the world and not a new "zone"), OOO, MMM and some other great mods.. Gothic is great, but for atmosphere nothing beats a modded Oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom