RPGWatch Feature: - The Mandate What's It About?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Mandate is a game that is available on Kickstarter asking for $500,000. Here is some of the press information on the game grouped together.

Perihelion Interactive is the new kid on the block, staffed with developers who have worked for EA, Ubisoft, Funcom and 2K Games, on games such as; Assassin's Creed 1&2, Far Cry 2&3, Mafia 2, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and I. They have come together to create a new came mixing RPG and RTS elements in space named The Mandate.
More information.

The Mandate is a 6 player cooperative sci-fi RPG designed for Windows, Linux and Mac.

So it's in fact MMO. I'll pass, althouh I liked the third person on the pic.

So it's in fact MMO. I'll pass, althouh I liked the third person on the pic.
No from the information it's a Co-op game that doesn't imply it's an MMO. Look at Dead Island for an example.
A cooperative 6 player RPG experience, designed to be enjoyed completely alone, or with rich rewards for those who choose to tactically band together.

Seems good. Too bad it needs 6 players. I just want to play it on my own.

No from the information it's a Co-op game that doesn't imply it's an MMO. Look at Dead Island for an example.

Dead Island? Never heard.
Dungeon Siege 3 is not MMO right? Sure, it just means if you don't go MMO (coop), your NPC sidekick will stand exactly at spots where it'll get hurt by floor traps and dangerous stuff as who needs AI in a MMO coop game.

As said, I'll pass it, sorry. Good luck.

Dungeon Siege 3 is not MMO right? Sure, it just means if you don't go MMO (coop), your NPC sidekick will stand exactly at spots where it'll get hurt as who needs AI in a MMO coop game.

Now your just being nitpicky, but whatever it's your choice. I also can't believe you haven't heard of Dead Island either after all this site covered both games.:)

Please don't try to talk sense to joxer… His answers make my head hurt ;)

Optional coop = MMO ;)

I guess that means Baldur's Gate is an MMO.... Hehe, whatever.

Looks good, so I backed it. Its never going to raise half a million though.

No, I certainly don't see that happening either.

Same thought - I put a reminder to check back in a week and see where it is at and read more in detail to decide if I'll back it ...

Might consider backing if they asked for more money, like $1.5m.

I also can't believe you haven't heard of Dead Island either after all this site covered both games.:)
Now when I think about it… Wasn't that some nice gameselling trailer => mediocre grinder game?
Maybe I don't remember it correctly, all I know is that I didn't buy a game with that title.

Now your just being nitpicky
Yup. The problem with games market is that publishers/devs dictate what everyone will buy. That's plain wrong. I don't want to buy/support/fund:
- MMOs (that includes coop games, I don't care those MMOs include optional singleplayer)
- grinders
- free2scam scandals
- phonegames (unless they'll be ChaosRings2 or Sacred Odyssey clones)
- base cheap/poor game that will later sell DLC or a game with season scams

Of course other ppl will want to fund those, and will state they'll fund 'em and why. I just couldn't be silent so now it's clear that not everyone wants coop games.

Last edited:
Already backed it.

And regarding co-op games, I have nothing againt them if they have SP too. The FAQ of this project say they have both SP and co-op, isn't a MMO, isn't F2P and they answered a MP saying you don't need to be online to play (they're planning even a GOG release)

"A single player RPG that supports up to 6 players for cooperative game-play. Designed to be enjoyed completely alone, or with rich rewards for those who choose to tactically band together".

So no it's not an MMO, just has a coop multiplayer mode... or would have if they got to make it.

Great game concept, in theory, but they won't make 500k and even if they did wouldn't be able to do justice to the concept on that budget. At best they could perhaps make something like FTL. For that reason, I'm out.

Dungeon Siege 3 is not MMO right? Sure, it just means if you don't go MMO (coop), your NPC sidekick will stand exactly at spots where it'll get hurt by floor traps and dangerous stuff as who needs AI in a MMO coop game.

It's a bit silly to write off a game before it even comes out. Why not wait and see how the AI works? Doesn't cost you a thing after all.

Fantastic concept. I love all the Russian nationalist overtones. Hell yeah, I'll back it. I'm sure that even if they make their goal, they'll never be able to live up to this awesome idea ... but I bet the result would still be pretty damn fun.

Thanks RPGWatch for this feature! I might not have heard of this otherwise.

Already backed it.

And regarding co-op games, I have nothing againt them if they have SP too. The FAQ of this project say they have both SP and co-op, isn't a MMO, isn't F2P and they answered a MP saying you don't need to be online to play (they're planning even a GOG release)

Nice and dandy but usually, the game mechanics required by a cooperative game are not compatible with SP gaming.

Back
Top Bottom