GOG - Dungeons & Dragons Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
"You can buy each one separately for 80% off"

No you can't. The 80% off is for the whole bundle and not for the individual game.
For example BG2 as part of the bundle is $1.99 but on its own its shows up $9.99.

While sales on GoG are fine and all that, I really hope they will bring additional "good old games" to the archives.

I mean most of the games are so cheap that you don't really "have to" wait for a sale anyways.

I'd love to see them adding additional games like the Eye of the Beholder series.

Is there big difference between BG1 and BG2 vanilla compared to the new EE version? Is it possible to mods the vanilla version to get them to look like the EE versions?

Last edited:
The possessive of it is "its." "It's" is a conjunction of it is. Sorry - but this mistake drives me crazy across this site and happens frequently. Thanks.

The possessive of it is "its." "It's" is a conjunction of it is. Sorry - but this mistake drives me crazy across this site and happens frequently. Thanks.
Honestly, these days it's good to see somebody use an apostrophe for any possessive.

I am going with "what computers understand best". ;)
Like if you have to write a variable in C++, I don't use apostrophes

That way its much easier, isnt it? ^^
Same goes for the difference between ß and ss in German, just going with ss.
And French? Just ignoring accents alltogether if I have to type something.

But yeah, making accents or apostrophes where there shouldn't be any is worse than the other way around ;)

You didn't register to point this out, did you? O_O

I believe so :p

Threads: 20,562, Posts: 408,813, Members: 8,282, Active Members: 428
Welcome to our newest member, scottmbruner

WRONG :)

"It's" is a contraction for it is or it has.

Example:
It's been good to know you. Contraction: it has
It's a bird. Contraction: it is

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.

--

all great games. own them all except dragonshard and demon stone.

And I say to all of you who cares and move on. I put allot of time and effort into this site. Have a nice day now, and if you can do better please do. :p

It's time to drink once again from my favorite cup.

kiss_my_ass_large_mug.jpg

Last edited:
I believe so :p

Threads: 20,562, Posts: 408,813, Members: 8,282, Active Members: 428
Welcome to our newest member, scottmbruner

I did :) I love the site, but I'm a copy editor and the goof is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

I did :) I love the site, but I'm a copy editor and the goof is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

As someone points this I'd like to add something that always makes me wonder : why do so many English speakers write THEN instead of THAN ?! Is this something commonly accepted as a modern rule, especially in the USA or just a common mistake from the natives ? THAT is something that always irritates me as well, as I try to do my best not to hurt the grammar too much ;)

I don't think I've ever seen so many grammar snobs in one place before. It's actually really refreshing. I'm glad to know that there are still some English speakers who…ya know…still know how to speak/write our language. :)

Last edited:
Looks like "someone is wrong on the internet" is what cause new people joining website.

Cool!

I guess gog.com users love them some DnD games, this particular one seems to be pretty popular, they run it at least once every couple of months. I got the whole package the last time it was around.

Is there big difference between BG1 and BG2 vanilla compared to the new EE version? Is it possible to mods the vanilla version to get them to look like the EE versions?

Majnun said:
Here you go:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/enh…te_from_gogcom

I don't know what the EEs add that the mods won't, I think it's mainly a few npc's that can join in each game and the dialogues/stories the go with them.

And you are correct, you have to buy all of this bundle (or at least what you don't already own through gog) to get the discount. Luckily I didn't have any of them thru gog yet!

There's a couple of new NPC, a couple of new classes and some other stuff, like new interface with the latest patches. Don't think you can get that with mods only, though your mileage can very. I really need to give BGEE another go one of these days, I've heard mostly positive stuff since the latest update. And they've supposedly squished most of the bugs the EE introduced.

I'm actually playing Baldur's Gate Reloaded mod for NWN2. I'm in chapter 2 and so far, very impressed. Will say this though, man the combat is harder than in BG regular!

How polished is BG Reloaded? I was quite interested but some reports said it's quite rough around the edges - I mean not quite unplayable, but quite buggy and with some quests abit iffy, like the werewolf area which is unwinable or something, since were require crafted weapons per NWN2 rules, but there's none to be found around. And indeed, most people did say it's a tad more difficult than regular BG/EE.

Back
Top Bottom