The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Azraelck. Which character planner are you using to post your stats? They seem to be the new one and not the old planner we have used for years.

http://www.libreoffice.org/

The latest planner was updated only to U14 or so, it has not been updated beyond that. I have a template set up for the new enhancements to make building a character sheet quicker. Between that and the PDF, I was able to get a good idea on what I was doing. The only thing is I'm not 100% on some of the levels required on the feats.

I have used the free LR on a few toons but not my LR 20 hearts. Definitely did my Drow fighter a world of good using the free LR. Racial enhancements helped a lot. Since she is a fighter (I know what else is new) picking feats was not hard. I think the Halfling rogue might benefit the same way. Not sure.

What is the plan for tonight? Are we going to attempt Chronoscope & Devil Assault tonight? Or something else? & which toons … regular Friday toons or something else? I need to make sure my toon(s) are geared properly if we're doing the raids.

Chrono raid with the whole guild. Split. Might need to choose our groups carefully so that those "behind" are together and those hitting the ceiling are together. At that point, the ceiling group can immediately take level 9. The laggards will run Devil Assault and possibly something else to make level 9 and then take it.

At that point we're in to level 7 content, of which there ain't much.

Ok. One caveat, I've been ready to level forever, but would like to run Devil Assault anyway, depending of course on what the "ready to level" group is going to run.

Stupid cheerleading coach is stupid. I might be late.

I was at an SWTOR event and too tired to drop in, sorry.

Besides, I'm thinking of giving my Ranger an LR, too - but I have never done this before.

Welcome in a new one to my fold, Wiindsong the Purple Bard. The build is a 18/2 Bard/PDK Fighter. Interestingly enough, the build is less melee and more CC; with max CHA. I took the PDK CHA to to-hit and damage enhancement, as well as PA, Cleave, and Great Cleave, so she should have reasonable melee dps for a non-melee Bard, while having somewhat reasonable DCs on her enchantment spells.

Primarily, she sits in Spellsinger.

We managed to do Elite Chronoscope at level with just 8 people. Devil assault went well too.

I therefore believe we can try other raids in this game too on the Friday sessions when we are at the appropriate levels.

Tempest spine could be attempted at level 12. This is a level 10 free raid. It can be a bit challenging on elite, but we might do it. If not we can do hard or normal at level 13 so we don't mess up the bravery bonus.

Vault of Night 5 and 6 is another raid we should consider. It's certainly doable for us even if we shortman. At least on normal or hard. I think this is a level 10 quest too. So we can follow the same procedure as for Tempest spine. It's a bit harder than tempest spine since we need to split in 2 in von 5 for the north side and in 3 for the pillars in von 6. So I think we have to be 9 people with at least 2 healers for the ice and electricity pillars and the evasion toons for the fire pillar. That means 3 people per pillar.

Against the Demon Queen is also a raid we could do. The pre-raid is easy and the actual raid is certainly doable on normal or hard. It's a level 12 quest so we can do it at 14 on elite or 15 on normal / hard.

Then we have the Shroud. We just have to let all of you into a Shroud. :) It's a level 17 quest. So we can do it normal at level 20. If we bring in higher level epic people we could certainly shortman a hard run.

My poor druid sucked. Looks like that one will take more then just enhancements but I will reroll them once and see. Did a rush selection of them last week and looks like I may have been brain damaged at the time. (Shut-up Corwin! :cm:)

What rank should I hit with my Friday 8? Bailing early I figure I need some catch up and solo run on Devil assault is not one I will try.

My monk is now at level 6 and can help you catch up doing some low level quests you haven't done yet, like level 5-6. He is holding level 7. Flerida has a wizard who could help you too. Soon we will get to level 7-8 and can help you with the missing quests (Gwylan, Tear and Taming).

Just get to level 9 and as many ranks as possible. Some of us are holding level 10 already.

Actually, the only thing holding us from running with our higher levels is us. We could easily run Dairy Queen with our higher levels on off sessions. Shroud is a little more difficult since we have some not flagged.

I suggest, since Corwin is out, we take on DQ this friday, heroic normal with whoever we can pull in. DQ1 we can quickly run on casual; I know it well enough I think to guide us. DQ2 you'd have issues if you couldn't find your way around there.

I've done the enhancement pass on a portion of my stable. I didn't feel the need to LR any of them so far. I haven't done Phuury (24 pale master) yet, obviously he'd need an LR. I haven't done Shadohe (15 monk), either. The rest are ready to go, although I largely window-shopped it since there's no planner (grumble, whine, grumble). Wouldii can TR at any time now that he's got his PDK key, but I'll probably hold off until a planner is available unless the group needs him to come around. Still not sure anymore what Wouldii will come back as; RhoGu will be an assassin rogue when he comes around. Those are really my only 2 toons in the TR discussion right now.

I really like the idea of hitting as many raids as we can. There's only a few that I've ever run, and most of those only once. Let's see, I've got 1 Chrono now, 1 DQ, 1 Gianthold heroic, 1 Hound, 1 Vision that I functionally piked, and a crapload of Shrouds. Never done Tempest Spine, VoN5/6, Tower of Despair, GH epic, nor the Restless Isles raids. I'm guessing about half the guild would be in the same boat, so it would be very nice to run that stuff just to see it. If we have to go over-level to compensate for short-manning, so be it. We've got a chance to run these things with a patient group that won't be screwed up by our inexperience and personal foibles. That's too valuable to throw away.

FYI, the group WILL be running Threnal this time around and there's a very good chance we'll hit Restless Isles as well to access the raids. Buck up, little campers!

Corwin and I both made 9 last Friday I made progress toward 2nd rank IIRC, but I think he barely made his level before having to bail. We've got a fair bit of content to complete before taking our next level, though. We've got Tear, Gwylan, and Taming the Flames done. We've got Delera 2-4, Graverobber, and the entire Sentinels chain in front of us.

Az, which toons are you looking at for the DQ run? 18's? 14's?

Last edited:
I think her ranger Bryhana is flagged, but she is already level 17 now. I don't mind playing for the fun of playing and not get much XP, but I can't speak for the others.

My level 25 fighter finally got his red dragon heavy armor after getting 375 PDK favor. The new quests on elite really helped boosting his favor.

I look forward to trying this armor against the red dragon in VON 6, Velah, with superior fire resistance and 20% fire absorption. Seeker +10 also helps.

I think more of you should be able to get 375 PDK favor now. You can get there now without having to do any quests on epic elite. There are a lot of items you can upgrade or get when you get access to the PDF vendor. All the weapons from caught in the web can be upgraded 4 times with commendations of heroism.

Here is the link to the vendor:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Mikrom_Sum

Particularly interesting would be to upgrade the monk spider spun caparison outfit with the way of the sun soul so you get the special set bonus with the bracers and belt.

There are other armors you can upgrade as well.

So maybe we can at some time work on PDK favor for some of our toons. This way we can get more use of all the commendations we have collected in King's Forest. :)

Back
Top Bottom