ReRoll - A New Open World Survival RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ReRoll is a new open-world survival RPG being developed by a studio called PIXYUL. According to the website they are veterans from Ubisoft Montreal and Electronic Arts.

To keep it short they need your money to make their game a reality. Here is the announcement video, and a few game details.

THE SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN

The world, society, order, everything is going down the drain and fast. Flashing your credit card at your groceries cashier will not get you food.

To survive, you will have to develop skills that you did not need prior to this melt down.

Before being able to hunt, capture or grow your own food, you’ll have to scavenge or steal what’s around. That means constantly looking over your shoulder while doing those rounds. Because, the last thing you want is to be on the receiving end of somebody arrow or bullet. Worst, being chased by those weird mutants that are just getting more aggressive as days goes by.
More information.

Last edited:
Hrm...I don't know...seems to be a little misleading to me.
I mean first they are talking big about mapping out the whole world, then talking about an action game, and then about hardcore game mechanics.
If they want to really do this kind of interactivity in the world they can't have more than a few square miles. It's impossible to include all the cities they showed. There is a big difference of making a picture, putting this picture into a game to creating a 3D model of that region and an even bigger difference to bringing this 3D model to live. That's something a AAA production could do with one city maybe. But they would not chose such niche game mechanics.

Well, what they say sounds interesting. But I feat that they are promising far too much and maybe aren't even aware of their limits.

Sorry for saying this, but not only it smells like a fraud, but also I'm not giving $274.99 for heroes/champions pack or something.

Sorry for saying this, but not only it smells like a fraud, but also I'm not giving $274.99 for heroes/champions pack or something.

I would be surprise if this was NOT a scam, the money and effort needed to do this would strain the resources of major software developers forgot about doing it via kick starter.

The time and money it will take to send a dude with a small remote control plane (that clearly struggles in windy conditions) with a couple-mile range to every spot on the globe is silly— especially considering the entire planet has been mapped several times over via satellite by dozens of agencies/companies, already. Why not just use their maps, many of whom I believe provide them for free?

I can almost read the headlines now, "Reroll Map Project Volunteer Beheaded in Peshawar". Or "Man in Kentucky Shoots Down 5th Reroll Drone".

This just screams 'ego project' for someone, but they want everyone else to pay for it. Good luck!

That's funny because I thought otherwise when finding out this project.

The game looks like an excuse to raise funds to pay for the mapping of the world.

Selling a HD mapping of the world is where the money lies.

with a tagline like "THE SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN" what could go wrong?

with a tagline like "THE SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN" what could go wrong?

Heh.

Couldn't you just use maps from Google Earth or something? Are they trying to tap gamers for launching their drones across the globe? I can't imagine whatever they raise from gamers would even come close to financing their supposed plans to map the globe. This seems like much more of a project than making a video game. It took Google quite a while, and I can't even guess how much money. Is mapping the globe their true goal? Are they seriously going to throw drones off of mountaintops, as depicted in the video, to make just a video game?

Hard to believe. And harder to believe they would get a dime out of my pocket with this pitch.

Besides what everyone else said, I'm detecting kind of "Second Life" vibe from the devs when they talk about their plans. Sounds more like an attempt at simulating the drudgery of real life in a virtual environment than an attempt to provide entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom