RPGWatch - Children of War Q&A

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
We had the chance to interview COO/Program Director Ryan Lamb of Shadowforge a few questions about his kickstarter Children of War: Blood and Snow.

RPGWatch: Can you give a short description about your game company Shadowforge?

Ryan Lamb: The Shadowforge core team consists of me (Ryan Lamb), Devon Burnett and Josh Lamb (Ryan’s brother). We founded the company about 2 years ago because creating mods and our own little proprietary add-ons has been a lifelong hobby and we wanted to turn our dreams into a career. Josh is the CEO and runs the business side of things as well as contributes concept art, models, story and game design. Devon is the main writer and lore guru, which as you can imagine on a game like this is a full time job. Ryan is the lead programmer and modeler and contributes code and models/animation. Our favorite games are mostly steeped in deep lore and engaging story and we want to bring back that rich, story-telling tradition to create worlds where players can be fully immersed.
More information.

Seriously? You missed the opportunity to ask of he realizes the acronym for his game is COW:BS.

Good job on getting more interviews. All the articles are appreciated.

Nice interview!
And hell I've backed that game the other day. I can't stand coop games, but the acronym it too good to be true. We need a game with that title! :)

Seriously? You missed the opportunity to ask of he realizes the acronym for his game is COW:BS.

I actually never thought of that, and it never crossed my mind.:blush:

As for other interviews I tried to get one with the Balrum developers but they won't respond. So I'm taking recommendations again.

I actually never thought of that, and it never crossed my mind.:blush:

As for other interviews I tried to get one with the Balrum developers but they won't respond. So I'm taking recommendations again.

I'd recommend interviewing Pyrodactyl Games about their upcoming game "Unrest"... I can't be the only one here looking forward to that game.

As a non-native English speaker, what's so strange about COW:BS? I guess BS is usually an acronym for 'bullshit', and COW ... cow? so cow:bullshit? I'm probably missing something.

You are not missing anything. It's just an odd acronym. Everything in this century gets an acronym whether or not it wants one. Is a funny choice. Like a school named Aldergrove Secondary School (true story). People only figured out it wasn't a good idea when they were designing the sport gear with the logo and realized all the girls would have ASS on their pants. They renamed it Aldergrove Community Secondary School by the end of the first year but it took a while for the name to wear off.

We are so mature. :stupid:

Back
Top Bottom