Silverfall - French demo released

wow, those screencaps look nice, i'll have to download this over the weekend and check it out.

I wonder if there are english subtitles for the demo? I would like to give it a try.

This game sounds nice. Mind the developer, however.

dang. @ like 49k a second, I'll wait til the english demo hits Gamespot where I can get it high speed.

Whats I've seen in previews looks promising tho

I have played the French demo of Silverfall.

Not having had French since College and the last year in High School, I was most impressed with myself being able to understand most of French being used in dialoues when I got the quests.... ;) ...

However, that aside, I've found the gameplay to play out much like Diablo 2, the interface for getting quests and solving + returning to the quest giver funtioncs much like Diablo 2.

Then all this is parred with the dialoque options of Baldur's Gate
(but the print was very small, so maybe I've missed some important info ;) .... )
as well as the choices of Planescape Torment (or maybe Baldur's Gate 2).

I didn't understand that much French to learn much about the story in game.
However, I died enough times to find dying in this game very annoying.

[/spoiler] Appararently when you die, your death is marked by a grave. This is fine, but to me, at least, when I tried to run or fight my way to this grave, I soon found myself in another one, simply because the map and the camera is of no or little use, navigating around the area.

This means that the first grave disappers and the last grave appears - very annoying, especially when you have bought your character new & better clothes and equipment. In the menus, you can click om 'tombe', but this doesn't do anything, you're are not shown where you graves (tombs) are.

Normally I wouldn't complain about this, but this game is so fast paced & action packed that, imo, this would be a good element to implement (use) in the game. [spoiler/]

I've also found that the monsters in this (or in the demo at least) were very tough and did level scale with the player's character at all times, meaning the game is still challenging and fun for the player (me), but it does mean that the pc is sometimes in over his or her head.

The bottom line for me is this: I'm going to keep an eye out for this game, hoping that maybe someday an English demo will be released for this game. Or that I'm able to get the UK edition of this game, once it is released in 2007. (or maybe the German edition, if that's the only option we have in Europe...)

Last edited:
There's a marker for the tomb on the edge of the minimap. I never had difficulty finding my lost equipment.
Played it a bit and I found the gameplay is pretty good with great graphics and good combat but I have to say that I'm getting tired of Diablo clones and this one plays exactly like all of them -- albeit a superior one.

Well, can't wait for the English demo, so I decided to make myself one.

Here is the French->English mod:
http://www.badongo.com/file/1769826

Silverfall Demo French->English Mod v0.3

This mod translates the Silverfall French demo to English. Can't wait for the English demo, I decided to make myself one. At first, I want to translate it to Chinese, which is my mother language, but seems the game doesn't support Chinese. Thus, I decided to translate it to English. With the help of BabelFish, English descriptions inside the files and my own guessing, I've successfully translated the demo to English. Since I don't know French, and not a native English speaker, the translations may not be so accurate (especially for long sentences). But I've tried my best to make it reasonable and think that this is enough for those know nothing about French. I'll work on this patch until English demo/full game released.

Installation:
Put the files into "\Silverfall Demo\Data\Localize\Lang_FRA", replace the original one.
Remember to backup.

Version 0.3 Changelog (25 Nov., 2006):
- NPC & Monster names translated.
- Quest Items names translated.
- Quests topic translated.
- All skills descriptions translated.
- Attributes descriptions translated.
- Weapon speeds' "enough" change to "slighly".
- "techno" change to "technology".
- "elementary" change to "elemental".

Version 0.2 Changelog (23 Nov., 2006):
- Map names translated.
- Shooting skills descriptions translated.
- Elf skills descriptions translated.
- Half of melee skills descriptions translated.
- Companions names translated.

Version 0.1 Changelog (21 Nov., 2006):
- Menu translated.
- Interface translated.
- Skills effects translated.
- Items effects translated.
- And some minor things translated.

To do (soon):
- Quests descriptions.
- Dialogues.
- Items names.

With any suggestions on this mod, you can email me at chanhungyat at gmail dot com.
Feel free to distribute this mod.

- kencube

Last edited:
Thanks for the english mod, man! I've been looking for an simple get-in/get-out lunchbreak hack 'n slash for a while now, going as far to even reinstall Diablo 1 heheheh.

Many thanks for the english mod. Just wonderingif it will work with the texture pack and the latest patch?

I sent a link to Blue's about the translation mod, thanks for your hard work kencube. :)

Also included a bit about the new site here at RPGWatch, being run by the team whom previously ran RPGDot, incase they didn't know yet.
If I accidently said Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers instead of team, well crap happens. :p

O'well I tried this and its not how I imagined. :(
I expected something like DS2 or MageKnight, but its more like Diablo2 and Titan Quest games at the very least a Camera with some freedom of movement.

Back
Top Bottom