Folders open in new windows...why?

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone.

I have this issue and it's really annoying. I have my folder options in Windows 7 clearly set to open folders in the same window, yet everytime I open a folder it creates a new window. This just started happening out of the blue a few days ago. What the heck is going on? Is there some other setting somewhere that I need to change to get it to function properly?

Sounds like it could be a corrupted user profile. Try creating a new user in windows and see if the problem persists while logged in as said new user.

open a disk drive or directory (folder) and press the "organize" button, then go down to "folder and search options" and change the settings there.

open a disk drive or directory (folder) and press the "organize" button (top left of the window), then go down to "folder and search options" and change the settings there.

errrm... this was supposed to be an edit. :S

Neither of those ideas worked. Thanks for trying, though.

Any other ideas?

Start/Computer/Organize/Folders and Search options

Does it looks like this?

image.php

If it does, try with restore defaults. If it still doesn't help, use System Restore on some previous date when it worked (type it in on start).

Worth a shot is also scan the system for corrupted system files:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Start/Computer/Organize/Folders and Search options

Does it looks like this?

image.php

If it does, try with restore defaults. If it still doesn't help, use System Restore on some previous date when it worked (type it in on start).

Worth a shot is also scan the system for corrupted system files:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Yes, it looks like that. I tried restore defaults but still it behaves in an opposite way.

I will scan for corrupted system files. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom