Borderlands 2 - An Introduction by Sir Hammerlock Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wow, that is an epic trailer! Gearbox makes the best promo videos. The pacing, the video cuts, the narration...so very good. Oh, and the game looks really awesome. I love the 3D in-game menus too. Glad I pre-ordered this. Too bad Torchlight 2 comes out two days later, I fear Torchlight 2 will lose some sales.

I don't doubt it. I know three people who were interested in both, but will only get BL2 in the near future. I played BL1 and Mythos (might as well be TL2) multi-player, with the same friend, and, while both were fun, BL1 was an absolute blast (what D3 should have been, itemization wise).

Borderlands 2 will just be the same as the first. Shooting and collecting new guns. Fun for a few hours then gets boring and repetitive.

Hell torchlight 2 will be the same also.;)

Borderlands 2 will just be the same as the first. Shooting and collecting new guns. Fun for a few hours then gets boring and repetitive.

Hell torchlight 2 will be the same also.;)
Sadly true.
you have to wait years for proper RPGs like Inquisitor or Age of Decadence while the market is full of big and small Diablo clones and the same grind based ARPG snoozefest every year. Wish a bit of all this effort would go to making Fallout/Arcanum clones.

Spoken like someone who has never driven their dune buggy off a cliff (for the 200th time), while their friend screams obscenities and frantically tries to bail from the gunner seat, before he dies with you. Fun EVERY time.

Good times. :p

Spoken like someone who has never driven their dune buggy off a cliff (for the 200th time), while their friend screams obscenities and frantically tries to bail from the gunner seat, before he dies with you. Fun EVERY time.

Good times. :p

Nope sorry don't care for co-op or playing online all that much. Seems this current generation loves that stuff. :p

@couch - fear you're right :-/ I played borderlands 1 for a week, and now can't stand the sight - and the inevitable grindiness - of it. Of course, I've been told it shouldn't be played single player. But I prefer SP RPGs these days and unless a RPG is marketed as 'MP only' I expect a decent SP campaign. Seems most devs are catering mostly for the MP crowd these days. I kind of suspected Borderlands wouldn't appeal, but it was on sale and I though 'what the hell, maybe I'll like it'. I also have no interest in MMO's - so was horrified when I heard about SWTOR - and glad that it has not been the cash cow EA hoped ;-) maybe they'll give more lovin' to the SP crowd - one can hope

They should cater for the MP community, that's where the money is: who will buy the season pass for the 4 DLCs later? Not a single player gamer ofcourse!

@couch - fear you're right :-/ I played borderlands 1 for a week, and now can't stand the sight - and the inevitable grindiness - of it. Of course, I've been told it shouldn't be played single player. But I prefer SP RPGs these days and unless a RPG is marketed as 'MP only' I expect a decent SP campaign.

Same here. They fooled me with all the hype for the first game. I won't be getting Borderlands 2 unless I hear that the single-player experience has been significantly improved.

I'm one person who might have bought Torchlight 2 but I won't (for now, anyway) because I'll be playing Borderlands 2. Am I typical? Dunno.

Likewise. I was bored with Torchlight but found the sequel's multiplayer alluring. I would have purchased it a few months back, but with all the delays, I'd rather play Borderlands II now in between my bouts of GW2.

Ha! Thank you for making me feel young. You don't understand my music either!

Well if you don't like hard rock and metal music then yes.;)

This looks great. Loved the first one in cooperative - and though I've pre-ordered TL2, this is much more to my liking. The first Torchlight was dreadfully stale, and I bought the sequel only because it was so cheap and because of multiplayer. But other than that, I don't get what people are so excited by.

Borderlands 2 looks like it will have much more variety in the environments (a big issue with the first one, for me) - and it will have an expanded character system (my biggest issue) - so I'll be playing this for sure. That said, I'm really sick of the 4-player limitation that seems to have been introduced as a standard around the time Xbox 360 came around. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom