Gothic 3 Glad I waited...

I'm so glad I waited as well. My computer couldn't run G3 back in the day and this summer I got a good deal on it on Steam. I just started playing it with the CP 1.74 patch. I haven't gotten that far but so far it's an amazing game. Wish I knew german better so I could install the quest pack but oh well.

One unrelated question: I'm having a hard time killing NPC's. They go unconscious and then I try to hit them with a sword but that doesn't work. I read that you are supposed to double-click. But nothing happens... I've been able to kill them with a bow but it's a bit of a strange game design?

Well is to prevent u from killing them accidentally.
If u really want to kill an npc, after u beat them up hold right click wile targeting them... and u will perform a killing move

Btw, anyone else finding the music score to be really repetitive and way to grand? Usually it's this loop that comes after you come out of combat. It's sooo loud and grand and annoying. I guess I'll just have to turn the music down...

I consider the G3 track the best I've ever heard in a game, especially the music you hear in the forests of Myrtana. Nothing quite as impressive as watching the waterfalls near Silden with the music playing in the background.

"Majestic" is a word that comes to mind.

Haven't gotten to Myrtana yet but since you pitched it so well I'm really looking forward to it now ;)

About my earlier post: I've listened a bit more and I think the levels are a bit off. Some loops seem to be louder than others. I think thats what putting me off. Not the music in itself.

You start in Myrtana. The area I'm talking of is in the north western part of Myrtana, near Nordmar.

I've had this game sitting on my shelf for a long time. I forgot about it until the latest 1.74 patch showed up and I saw it in the news article on this site. Loaded it up and it plays reasonably well on my dated PC after some tweaking of the g3.ini...specifically turning off Bloom, lowering shadows and other minor tweaking. It still has hiccups here and there, worst being when I am engaged in combat. I remember when I first loaded it when I got it on release day...it was a frame by frame play in the first city. I shelved it after a couple hours of trying to play it. They did a great job with this Enhanced Edition.

I have one question, is it possible to master all domains: fighting, magic, theiving...etc? Or is there not enough skill points in the game? I am at level 13 and have spent most on strength and misc skills but saving for what I want to decide on being.

I think I did it once without Alternative Balancing.You can get to around lvl80 and if you get Quick Learning soon enough you won't have a problem.
I would be much harder with Alternative Balancing turned on.

I have one question, is it possible to master all domains: fighting, magic, theiving…etc? Or is there not enough skill points in the game? I am at level 13 and have spent most on strength and misc skills but saving for what I want to decide on being.
At least with alternative balancing on, mastering everything wasn´t possible in my game. If you play with AB on as well, you´ll need to specialize to some extent.
If you´ll try to play jack-of-all-trades-y character as I did, the game will be probably harder in some places, but you´ll have more gameplay variety.
I´d probably recommend putting some points into hunting skill/bows for every kind of intended character, it makes dealing with some animals much easier, especially in the earlier stages.
If you want to play an effective mage, you´ll need to forgo a lot of other disciplines.

Personally I´ve found AB´s character development system to be one of the highlights of the game.

Back
Top Bottom