The Witcher 2 - Released on GOG

Game s good only two problems the controls and the damn QTE's cant be turned off. They lied you can only turn off difficult QTE's.

Hmmm, I am not getting my registration email. Anyone else having this problem, or did I just mess up my email address...

Eek, video defaults to low... guess my CPU isn't up to standards anymore (GPU us pretty new).

Hmmm, I am not getting my registration email. Anyone else having this problem, or did I just mess up my email address…

Eek, video defaults to low… guess my CPU isn't up to standards anymore (GPU us pretty new).
Apparently their registration servers are either down or completely flooded with registration requests. Give it time. This from GoG forum, haven't tried it yet myself (still at work, woe is me!). Do note that you can play TW2 without registering.

As to the video defaults, it gave Low for me too, but after I clicked the "recommend settings" (or somesuch) button, it changed to High and it ran flawlessly on High for me (with an ATI HD 5850 card). Don't believe the default.

Played about two hours of it and it screams 'high quality PC exclusive game'. I hope this is a an industry trend setter. Found the ninja outfit for Geralt.

Played about two hours of it and it screams 'high quality PC exclusive game'.
The moment I stepped out of the tent at the very beginning and saw the battlefield in front of me, the very same thought struck me, "this sure ain't no console port!" Refreshing to have an unabashed, no holds barred PC game after so many console limited ones. And as I said above, I'm really pleased with the performance on High even with an almost 2 years old GPU.

It may not be a console port, but I do have to say it plays quite nicely on video out to a large TV screen. The game is very cinematic looking. Not just the cutscenes either, the actual gameplay portion itself. The native support for gamepad controllers works well too.

I had something like 150 megs left to download on GoG, not just a few k. I hope I don't have to redownload the whole thing. I started it downloading when I got up this morning, so it should be done by the time I get home. I was using GOG's download manager thingie.

I just got my CE delivered. The Geralt head is heavy plaster. Somehow I was expecting lightweight plastic, but this is better. The large, hardback art book is probably the highlight of the CE.

I registered and downloaded the Vernon Roche jacket DLC (to my GOG installed game; haven't registered the key from the CE). I also got the Swordsman suit from Amazon but I don't really need it since the Vernon Roche suit is a better swordsman suit. I wish we had more options on those bonuses. Maybe I can trade it for one of the others at some point.

Also irked that Gamestop got a Witcher comic book but Amazon did not, but shipping from them was way more so I opted for Amazon even without the comic and the redundant vendor DLC.

Honestly I think those bonuses just create hard feelings like 'Hey, why didn't I get that!', especially since I spent a lot on this game between getting the CE and GOG versions.

On an unrelated note, Nvidia just released new beta drivers. Not sure if they will help but I'm grabbing them anyway.

On an unrelated note, Nvidia just released new beta drivers. Not sure if they will help but I'm grabbing them anyway.

Thanks for the heads up. The notes mention better 3D Vision support for TW2 so I'm definitely getting it.

Dito, also got my CE from Amazon, it's pretty nice, but I agree, that they shouldn't have splitted InGame things. Bonus items, ok, but anything more is, imho, never a good idea.

I can't play it until I get home tonight, but I've been enjoying the soundtrack at work.

I enjoyed the 4 bonus tracks. Pretty good stuff from GoG. I'll probably buy a retail copy too, but unlikely to be the CE.

Hmmm, I am not getting my registration email. Anyone else having this problem, or did I just mess up my email address…

Checked your spam folder(s) ?

I recently found a GOG mail in my spam folder.

Canadian here...Went to work earlier today...
Gamestop(EBgames called me at lunch)..
Finished what I was doing..
Turned off my I-Phone so work can't bug me..
Installing now...

I bought my game from gog and played it nearly two hours. Great game, great graphics, I like fighting mechanics so much. Only compaint for me is that I am using 4:3 CRT monitor and I have to play the game with black bars up and under the screen. Also fonts are too small that some of them barely readable. Can't find a solution in the options menu for this. Maybe there's a command screen solution.

I'm loving this single-threaded installation app. How Win98 :)

Dear Fans!

We ask for a little bit of your patience while we make some adjustments and optimizations to the servers hosting The Witcher 2.

Planned time of the downtime: 23:30
Planned downtime: 40 minutes

Problems that may occur:
- new users won't be able to register the game
- users won't be able to download the DLCs (lang packs, patch, addons)

Affected:
- all users

We apologize you for any inconvenience and will do our best to bring back the services working ASAP.

UPDATE - 00:16CET: We are currently moving over 1 million files to the new folders structure on the server which will speed up the filesystem a little bit. This takes longer than anticipated but we are working hard. BTW USA, how's the weather?

UPDATE - 00:39 CET: Thanks for the kind words! As for those less kind - please believe us that we are here not to spoil your experience with the game. In fact - if you already have registered the game you can play and the thing we are doing won't affect you. As for the rest - terribly sorry but please try to understand that this wait is just for us to provide a few fixes that will guarantee no downtimes in the future if more and more players will want to play the game.

UPDATE - 1:00 CET: Okay, we are almost done. Whew. Triss takes the shower, go look! And we are moving the files to the new structure. We need to recode them once again. We'll give you an estimate on the time required for the service to be brought back to life once we start the process. Hopefully this will take less than her make-up.

I knew I should have ran home at lunch to install. Can't even get past the key code part because of the servers down. OH, well the comments tell me it will be worth the wait

Thanks for the heads up. The notes mention better 3D Vision support for TW2 so I'm definitely getting it.
Yeah, they mentioned on NVIDIA's 3D Vision forums that you'll need the next driver release to play Witcher 2 in 3D. The beta should help a ton.

P.S. There's also a new addition to these drivers - game profiles can now be downloaded automagically. No more waiting for these monster sized driver releases to get a new game profile! (Am I counting right? It looks to me like NVIDIA is supporting the past eight years worth of video cards/chips!)

Back
Top Bottom