D&D Online Server/Char thread

D

DArtagnan

As we talked about, I'll try to keep this updated with info - and we'll see if there are enough players to have some cooperative fun :)

I'll try to keep it updated with what hours played, because I suspect most of you are located in the US.

Feel free to post your char/server/hours - so it can be updated :)

—-

Watch Avatar:
DArtagnan

Server:
Khyber

Char:
Khasus Llond / Fighter (3) - Will eventually be (Fighter 4 / Cleric 16)

Usually Online Between (WHEN online):
17-22 GMT+1 - Weekday
10-22 GMT+1 - Weekend

-

Watch Avatar:
Konjad

Server:
Cannith

Char:
Gerant / Barbarian (6) - Will eventually be (?)

24/7 :)

-

Watch Avatar:
Corwin

Server:
Khyber

Char:
Reywindd / Sorceror (2) - Will eventually be (?)
Ambrer / Bard (2) - Will eventually be (?)

8-10pm (GMT +10) - Weekday
1-6pm (GMT +10) - Weekned

-

Watch Avatar:
xSamhainx

Server:
Khyber

Char:
xsamhainx / Ranger (1)- Will eventually be (?)

6pm & 1am gmt-8:00 pacific time

—-

Updated with xSamhainx info

Last edited:
I have 2 chars:
Sorc (of course) :) Reywindd still level 2.6
Bard Ambrer (female) (There's a story to that but only old Team Corwin members know it :) ) level 2.5

Weekdays usually between 8-10pm (GMT +10)
Weekends usually betweent 1-6pm (GMT +10) This is quite flexible.

To check out the play differences between a sorc and a wiz, I've made a Wiz on Cannith which I may play once in a while. It's Corwinn and still level 1, though I'll likely get it up to level 2 quickly before getting back on Khyber.

I'm online around (I'm in GMT +2 time zone in Summer, GMT + 1 in Winter):
2 or 3 PM to 10 PM Monday to Friday
1 PM to 10 PM Saturday
9 AM - 10 PM Sunday

Sometimes I won't be online whole day or I'll stay until ie. 4 AM playing but in general that's when I'm online if not bothered by real life or when I'm not reading forums ;)

Sorry for not updating... But I'll update with online hours and other such details if and when a few more people join - so it makes a bit more sense.

I just created a character on Khyber - Polyestra / Paladin (2). I'm normally playing in the evenings, 8-11 pm GMT+2 and over the weekend.

I was thinking about playing D and D Online. Is it any good? Is it comparable to high-end MMOs (WOW, Aion, Ryzom, etc.)? How about D and D the board game?

I didn't notice this thread. I'm on Khyber with two characters. One of which I'll probably delete and go create a rogue or fighter type. My main is this one:

Siusaidh - Level 5 Elven Cleric
Rachail - Level 1 Human Paladin

Last edited:
You are welcome to join the RPGWatch Guild on Khyber. We play there Friday evenings US time, so check out the Team Corwin thread in Off Topic.

Heh, I'm on 2nd shift, so Friday evenings I'll be working. Unless evenings for you are 4am. I'll look you up though, even if my time playing with y'all would be limited.

I also got my bro playing. He's got a Paladin, CBenoit the Legend. It's actually playing with him that had me start a rogue tonight as well; got tired of traps, locks we couldn't breach, and secret doors that we couldn't spot.

I was thinking about playing D and D Online. Is it any good? Is it comparable to high-end MMOs (WOW, Aion, Ryzom, etc.)? How about D and D the board game?

This game has been fun for our group. Graphics are not as high-end as WOW but they are not cartoon either. D & D rules are handled by the AI and it seems they use the basic rules for damage, death saves, and spot/listen skills.

I would suggest you try it out. No costs and chances of finding or receiving levels past the free ones advertised are very high. We all found leveling signets to reach level 8 right away.

Actually, you can earn points in-game to buy stuff in the store. A number of people have played long enough to "buy" the Drow or Warforged races, or Monk and Favored Soul classes. It runs fine on my laptop, which isn't the best for anything made past 2007. That said, it has knocked out my sound twice.

Unlike most MMO's, it is perfectly possible for a player to solo for awhile. I reached level 3 in that manner.

True, there are several solo quests at lower levels (1-5). You can also hire henchmen to take with you on many of those and do them over at normal level without being killed in the process.

I've taken my Cleric through solo through several quests at hard level. Some may take some strategy changes (Me Grimlock need new strategy!) or some sheer luck to complete solo. And I doubt they can be pulled on Elite solo, at least not within a level or two of what it's supposed to be played at.

Well I'm back on first shift. So if I don't get moved again, I'll try to get online this Friday.

Nice! Check out the New Team Corwin Thread in off topic for details and look us up.

Back
Top Bottom