Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Hints?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Yeah, definitely one of the highlights of the Fallout 3 setting; much preferred to the stations in FNV.

I can't say I was a fan of Three Dog in FO3. I found the character to be somewhat cliche, and his announcements didn't really add anything to the game for me.

Doesn't change the fact that FO3 was one of the best games in the last 5 years for me though. I eagerly await FO4.

Bethesda is almost as good as Kickstarter at prying open my wallet. I wonder which one will bring me a better return on investment?

Who didn't see this coming. I'm sure five and six are on the way eventually also. Anyway Three dog is known as the annoying voice I always muted or turned off playing.

Last edited:
Damn I was hoping they would stop and let it languish for 10 years.

Couchpotato said:
Anyway Three dog is known as the annoying voice I always muted or turned off playing.

Glad I wasn't the only one who turned the radio off, I prefer a sense of solitude in my games. Its like playing Tomb Raider Legend with those pricks Zip and Alistair constantly wittering.

Although I did like that "Big Iron" song in FNV...

Glad I wasn't the only one who turned the radio off, I prefer a sense of solitude in my games. Its like playing Tomb Raider Legend with those pricks Zip and Alistair constantly wittering.

Although I did like that "Big Iron" song in FNV…

I enjoyed all the radio music for both games except that "Johnny Guitar" song really got on my nerves after a while. I think I finally broke down and renamed the audio file or did something to get rid of it.

Also really enjoyed the CONELRAD mod, which adds a fun new radio station with lore friendly Cold War era bomb scare PSAs.

I really liked the radio in Fallout 3 especially with the mod "GNR more where that came from". I also used the songs from that mod and Fallout 3 in Fallout New Vegas.

@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

Not so much a tease, more of a mild irritation, since I shot that damn dog dead in my game. ;)

I really liked the radio in Fallout 3 especially with the mod "GNR more where that came from". I also used the songs from that mod and Fallout 3 in Fallout New Vegas.
Here, too. New Vegas really needed it - there just weren't enough songs in that one. The 'Kick in the Head' song was getting irritating until I flooded the radio with about 50 more tunes from the era. Of course, being a Kansas boy, I had to stop the game and whistle along when Judy Garland would sing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.

The radio was definitely OFF when I was sneaking around through nasty places but it was great to have when wandering around town or in semi-safe wastelands. 3 Dog's comments were fun, too, and least the first couple of times you hear them.

The Johnny Guitar song was annoying. I don't like the song, but it's still stuck in my head since first playing.

While the character was memorable and quite annoying later, I am glad to hear the mention of possible Fallout 4 now what is left to mention is the location and release date.

While the character was memorable and quite annoying later, I am glad to hear the mention of possible Fallout 4 now what is left to mention is the location and release date.

If three dog is in it, it have to be set close in time and space to FO3, I guess. Regarding release, I think Bethesda typically shoots for about a year of PR buildup - so if this was the first blip on the radar, it is probably still a little more than a year away.

I'd be surprised if FO4 wasn't in the making - so this "tease" is hardly that significant :)

I thought T-Dog was a boring and tedious cliché character. Then again, FO3 had pretty boring characters and bad writing overall.

Back
Top Bottom