Witcher Question about fight in extra adventure

The Witcher

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
I'm playing the extra adventure where you are supposed to raise 2000 Orens to free Dandylion.

I'm at the point where I need to beat Gunn the dwarven blacksmith in a sword duel. I've tried over 20 times and it seems impossible.

I've applied a grindstone to my two-handed blade, which is the strongest weapon enhancement I have. I've tried the silver sword and that definitely doesn't work. I've tried all three fighting styles and it seems that 'fast' is the most effective. I have performed a constant string of attacks flawlessly on more than one attempt and finally got Gunn down to around 25 - 30% health. Despite this, and the fact that he did not get a single hit in against me, the duel is suddenly over and he says that he beat me. Although the animations do not show him actually striking me, his weapons does some major bleeding damage.

I have also tried various signs against him to no avail.

I'm giving up until someone can tell me what the deal is.

Hmmm, thanks for the link Wulf. It seems that victory for Gunn triggers when I get down to 50% health. Not sure if using a Swallow potion would be enough to counter the effects of bleeding, but worth a try I guess. I hadn't tried that yet as I don't currently have any potions on me. Other than that it really doesn't seem that there's some obvious solution that I'm missing.

IIRC I used a hit and run tactic on this one. It was funny.

Yeah that fight was pretty tough, it took me a few tries to beat him. I used Diamond Dust that I had gotten somewhere, and a potion of Swallow.

Back
Top Bottom