Poll For An Indecisive Man

What Should Narpet Play Next (He's So Lame)

• Gothic 3

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Nethergate: Resurrection

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Geneforge 1 (played all the Avernums already)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God's: Lands of Infinity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outcast (old game recommended by people here)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

narpet

Sentinel
Okay... I've almost finished Omega Syndrome, so I'm thinking about what my next game will be.

For some reason I'm having trouble making up my mind. I usually don't have any problem with that, but I'm very indecisive right now... thus this silly poll.

So vote and let me know what I should play next. Keep in mind I'm only listing games that I already have (and haven't played yet)... so you won't see Bio(all the gaming rags tell me it's the best game ever created... and I know I can trust them)Shock, or any other game that I don't currently have on my shelf. (note: I'm sure Bioshock will be a good game... I'm only partially joking with that comment :) )

So let me know what I should play next, and I will let you know if I actually listen to the vote of the people or not... ;)

Have you actually never played any of those?

If you want to really sink some time into a game, I'd go Gothic 3. If you just want a bit of diversion, you could DL Nethergate. I played a bit of the demo and it's solid old school stuff, but hard to take seriously.

Have you actually never played any of those?

Yep... it's true... like the poll says... those are games that I own, but haven't played yet. That's why I didn't list upcoming games, or games that I don't own... those are the ones on my shelf waiting for me to play them.

My gaming time is fairly thin these days... working too much (in the process of writing a new HUGE application to replace all of our old apps, that has to be done yesterday), coaching soccer for my oldest son, doing family stuff... you know the drill. So, I only get to play games from around 11pm until I go to bed. I usually go to bed around 1am... so I only get a couple of hours a night (and I don't play every night... sometimes I choose to read or watch a film).

I only play one CRPG (or game that is somewhat like a CRPG) at a time. I usually play a shooter in conjunction with whatever RPG I'm playing. So it can take me a month or longer to finish a game (and I always try my best to finish it unless I just can't stand it).

So... it looks like Gothic 3 so far... I'll give it a day or so and then start my new game based on the choice of the good people here at RPGwatch :)

Gothic 3 if your PC is fast enough to max out the eye candy. Outcast if your PC is slow.

I just finished Gods: LOI Se and it was pretty fun, and not too long - nor expensive. Not a bad choice if you like turn-based stuff. Other than that ... I'd go with Gothic 3 as well.

G3 is a better game than Gods, but both are worthwhile!!

Well... so far it looks like I will be playing Gothic 3 next, and Outcast after that. I will give it one more day and then go from there. I should hopefully be done with Omega Syndrome by then and ready to start a new game.

Thanks for all the input!

What are your final thoughts on Omega?

Omega Syndrome thoughts

What are your final thoughts on Omega?

My answer to this is quite long so I'm going to make it a separate post... check it out in the General RPG section.

Gothic 3 is actually a really good game (IMO) but I voted for Outcast because I figured you'll get to Gothic 3 eventually in any case, but you might miss out on Outcast - which would be a shame, since it's really a true gem.

It is possible to play Outcast in XP and with current machines you can crank the resolution up to something where the game actually looks pretty well (if a bit "blocky" due to its special rendering engine). If you decides to play it I'll have to give you a piece of advice though to avoid that you're stuck in the game due to a technical issue. It's a *little* bit of a spoiler, but nothing serious :) At a certain point in the game you'll have to jump onto the top of a lighthouse to get something. This might seem like an impossible jump on your machine (nomatter how you try you'll fall short). But this is indeed the correct solution to the problem and if you slow your machine down (using a CPU slowdown tool) you'll be able to make the jump quite easily! It appears that jumping is somewhat frame-rate dependent, and new machines just run the game too fast :)

Outcast or Gothic 3. I found Outcast very worth playing even for an old game as it was said in this thread already. The "freedom" and flow of the game combined with one main quests and millions of side quests which do very much fit into unique enviornment makes its something you can't miss.

Well... it's obvious that Gothic 3 gets the nod, with Outcast following behind. From the comments that all of you have posted here (as well as other comments I've read here on the Watch before), it's obvious that Outcast is a great game.

So I'm going to follow the votes and go with Gothic 3. I've installed it with all the patches and I'm ready to start playing. I will definitely play Outcast just as soon as I finish G3. With as long as it takes me to finish a game it sounds like I will have several months of gaming goodness with these two titles. Then I may give the losers in this poll a go.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Well... it's obvious that Gothic 3 gets the nod, with Outcast following behind. From the comments that all of you have posted here (as well as other comments I've read here on the Watch before), it's obvious that Outcast is a great game.
I still have to finish Outcast. I picked it up off of Goozex based on recommendations here but haven't gotten far yet.

I am developing a softspot for Nethergate. I didn't play the original, but Resurection is enjoyable. I know a lot of people would complain about "obsolete graphics" but it is a good game and will entertain you. I have only played Avernum IV of the other Spiderweb games, but as with anything (music, fashion, movies) sometimes the cheaper, less promoted products are more enjoyable and have a good feel to them.

As Gorath stated, you should have a relatively good computer if you intend to start Gothic 3. It's just not the same playing at low settings - at the highest settings it is quite possibly the most beautiful RPG ever made.

Hey Kayla, LONG time no see; welcome aboard.

I have been very busy with a two year development course at work that was a lot of work. I have finished, been reassigned to another department in another office and am starting to get my used to it, so I finally have some time to say hello.
It has been a long time, and it's good to sign up.
Unfortunately, I haven't really played any new games, except starting Nethergate Resurrection so it will be a while until I find the next game I want to play and am able to get out of the off topic and into the game related threads.

Back
Top Bottom