The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Well they broke the downloader and client. Said it could be several hours before people can log in to game. Reinstall currently not an option. So don't do any of the fixes they suggest. Just wait. Seems can not even log into the forums atm. But one of the devs has been posting about their fix progress. What a mess. :cm:

DON'T try to fix it. Seems that will just mess up even more. BSofDeath for some. Stupid turbine needs to hire someone with a brain.

In other words, just stay the hell off the game today?

And maybe tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that? ;)

You know, there's got to be some reason Turbine screws the pooch so often. While Az tends to vote for "raging incompetence", I can't help but envision a room of programmers cursing while the guy from accounting says, "I don't care if it's ready, the shareholders want the update out today. And we're not paying any overtime, so you'd better convince everyone it's really ready."

Well a dev said it was running but I seem to be screwed. May have to do a reinstall......have to agree Dte, this was just bs all the way.

I had no problems downloading & installing the Patch …

But since I had a crash (don't know what caused it), the game isn't starting anymore ...

I want to know how you get a hot tub on the airship!! :)

What is the interrupt bug?
JM told me about it after U18v1.0. If you take an action that fires the yellow progress bar (such as logging out, recalling, or several in-game actions like lighting a fire), you can move and immediately complete the action. It doesn't interrupt anymore. Sounds good, yes? The problem is if you do this, genuine interrupts aren't processed properly. Hit recall but didn't mean to? Sorry, looks like a re-entry penalty for you. Lighting a bonfire in that Delera's quest in the graveyard and get attacked in the middle? The action stops but you don't get credit for completing it even though it's done (the fire lights immediately and can't be "lit again", but the game doesn't recognize that it's lit)--no quest completion for you.

In other words, just stay the hell off the game today?

And maybe tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that? ;)

You know, there's got to be some reason Turbine screws the pooch so often. While Az tends to vote for "raging incompetence", I can't help but envision a room of programmers cursing while the guy from accounting says, "I don't care if it's ready, the shareholders want the update out today. And we're not paying any overtime, so you'd better convince everyone it's really ready."

They're programmers. They get no overtime pay anyway.

Game is up and running. I did have to do a full reinstall to sort the client loop but got in and so far so good. Even quit and relogged to test it.

Well we are "the other ones" so that makes sense. :)

Alrik if you are still not getting game to launch you must have the same issue I did. First disable your virus protection and try it. Then try the stuff they offered in the forums. They posted up a how to. If not you may be looking at a reinstall of game. That was what I ended up doing. Took a while but worked fine.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Well, tomorrow and the day after that I'm at the RPC, meaning that i won't have that much time to try it out. But thank you anyway.

Alive and well here. Sorry had to bail but it was a bad storm. Worst stuff stayed north of us, though we got a lot of lightening and rain.

Alive and well here. Sorry had to bail but it was a bad storm. Worst stuff stayed north of us, though we got a lot of lightening and rain.
Good to hear. We were getting a little worried.

I think the storm was more afraid of Cm, than she of it!! :)

The 3rd quest leading to the new expansion is decidedly "meh". Certainly shouldn't prompt anyone to purchase the pre-release sooner rather than later.

Has anyone given thought to what they will do with the skill tomes? The boost lasts thru TRs, so it probably makes the most sense to pick a skill that all classes can benefit from (which knocked concentration and disable off the list). After deep reflection, I've narrowed it down to spot, balance, and haggle. I'm strongly leaning toward spot. Thoughts?

I bought the pre-order as well. Welcome Daemonfang the Paladin to the guild.

I was thinking Balance would probably be most useful, Jump is capped, and while trappers can use Spot, most characters won't need an obscenely high value to do what they need to. Haggle is capped as well, but more importantly, plat is so easy to come by that I can't see bothering much with it. I don't even bother with my haggle items anymore.

I bought the pre-order as well. Welcome Daemonfang the Paladin to the guild.
I noticed another purple pally running around yesterday (not yours). He was doing Korthos.

I was thinking Balance would probably be most useful, Jump is capped, and while trappers can use Spot, most characters won't need an obscenely high value to do what they need to. Haggle is capped as well, but more importantly, plat is so easy to come by that I can't see bothering much with it. I don't even bother with my haggle items anymore.
Yeah, the more I thought about it, I crossed haggle off the list. Still leaning toward spot, though. Seeing hidden critters at a distance is very valuable for ranged combat (and for ranged casting) and the extra couple points would help point-starved melee types keep hidden critters from walking right past them. Balance is a close second. I did give a thought to jump, but the toons that "need" it generally don't have anywhere else to put their points anyway and boosts are readily available via pot and spell.

Back
Top Bottom