The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Alrik, Az would love to run S'Dusk with you; he really enjoys fighting mephits!! :) I like the rogue/wiz combo it works, but I'd also suggest running a pure Wiz class first to cap as I did. You might find that the Arti class suits you as well; bit of a mix of ranged/rogue/caster. I'm finding it interesting and very good at running solo.

Mephits are the congress of DDO.

Rogue/Wiz is a very good combo, as most Rogue skills are INT-based, and Wizards main stat is INT. Either as a Pale Master or Warforged you can self heal, and with the Feat Insightful Reflexes you can have a useful Evasion (Corwin didn't take IR because he believes in not having a useful reflex save ;) ).

But you can't just jump in at level 6 or 10 or anywhere; you need to plan the Multiclass out from level 1. I highly suggest getting the DDO Character planner. I have about 30 builds I've made in there, for various reasons, and some of them proved very capable, like Fireflash's original Ranger build or Aerii's Sorcerer build.

Thanks for your advices. I have been asking around in the advice channel, too, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm better with doing a "pure" Wizard build.

By the way, that Marketplace Chat was incredible this evening !

It went from the Traveller RPG and the age of RPGs in general to languages, then to countries, with a time travel splashed in, and then into religion for quite a long time, until we realized (yes, I was participating ! :lol: ) that we had been talking on the advice channel all of the time ! :lol:

During that lengthy religion/agnostism discussion I lost interest, but asked then about Wizard + Rogue - and essentially got the same replies than I received from here.

It was very funny, and very insightful, too.

When I left, we were talking about corrosion - based upon my remark that "rain is like a Rust Monster to your armor - unless your armor is non-iron made".

There was a small discussion on rust vs. corrosion, and as I left the talk was about gold being able to corrode or not …

P.S. : Since I did Shan-To-Kor all of the day, I'm leaving for this day now ... I really need a break now ...

But we can do Sorrowdusk Island within the next days again, if wanted.

Marketplace chat can be interesting. I had a lengthy discussion on classical warfare, which evolved into classical metallurgy. We then proceeded into Medieval metallurgy and swordmaking, and then to the use of the typical 'Longsword'. IIRC the other guy was a student of Fiore dei Liberi's manuscripts, whereas I study the Liechtenauer teachings.

Last edited:
Looks like this friday will be the last for awhile. I'm on 2nd, 1:00p to 9:25p. So I won't get home until around 10:15p or so. I guess I'll have to pug Fireflash out to keep up, or drop her and focus on other characters for the time being.

There seems to be a brand new bug keeping players from doing the end of the Artificers quest pack ? Read the launcher news for that.

Edit : Forum entries regarding this new bug :
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367854

Edit : Official announcement : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4389641#post4389641

Edit : Possibly another bug ? http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367903

My Ranger is now only 3 points away from getting his long-term goal of 75 points Silver Flame Favour. I could get it by doing "Purge The Heretics", but I won't ever do this quest again ! Never !

I decided to look into the Necropolis a little bit, and I came to the "Orchard Of THe Macabre", after passing by a memorial of a sure megalomaniac. Or so the building looked at me.

I assume that the said megalomaniac is the "Abbot", isn't it ?

I defeated a few foes in that "garden", but retreated soon. I really don't like Horror themes, and this "garden" clearly reminded me why.

I have bought the packs, though, and I'll do them.

If anyone wants to revisit this wilderness with me : I'd be glad if I could get a little bit of help there. Being alone there makes me nervous alone. And I really don't like horror.

I've seen the first (or one of the first) Kobold pets in action. He looks sooo cute !!! :)

I did a few screenshots of that. The player had placed him exactly into one of the few light spots under the market tent - which realkly looks like him getting "spotlight" ! ;)

If you want to, I can upload the screenshots into this thread here (scaled, most likely).

Last edited:
Orchard is a great area, but you might be a trifle under level for it. A group is best, cause mobs can come thick and fast.

Yeah, Orchard is level 14 generally. There are some tough mobs out there, especially for the unprepared. On the other hand, 2 runs netted well over 60,000xp and a couple of tome pages, and my brief run in the other day solo netted another tome page and about 5k, and I didn't even hit a slayer level.

Looks like this friday will be the last for awhile. I'm on 2nd, 1:00p to 9:25p. So I won't get home until around 10:15p or so. I guess I'll have to pug Fireflash out to keep up, or drop her and focus on other characters for the time being.
As I remember, afternoons was the only shift you didn't want...

Looks like we'll have some decisions to make, then. Doesn't make much sense to run without Fireflash (we proved while she was a bard that we were thin on melee). Maybe we try to get the 18's and 19's capped in preparation for the Coming of the Animal Lovers?

Peter was telling me last night that he's out for this week since he's visiting family for Easter weekend and will actually need to sleep Friday night / Saturday morning. He thought perhaps we could finish off Ataraxia without him, since he's got a lead on us for XP and running those quests wouldn't throw him out of sync for the various packs we're in the middle of. Made sense to me.

Not sure if Az's news changes that game plan or not.

Well, I have 2 toons in the 12-14 range that I need to run up to 20 ASAP; my Bard and my Wiz/Rogue. Wouldn't mind running my pure Rogue either, but she's still about 11. My Arti at level 5 is for running with lowbies in the guild. So, if we put our current 2nd lifers on hold while Az is unavailable I can run any of the above. I don't have any toons higher other than my capped Wiz.

Wasn't it jm that didn't have any toons in the mid-range? I would check over in the MMO thread, but I'm the only one that's kept a roster fairly up-to-date. :p

IIRC, Peter has a 13. I've got a 15. cm had at least one in that range. You've got a 13, I think. Az has one, although that's not pertinent.

By the time I'd get around to keeping my DDO profiles up to date, I'd have forgotten what they are!! :)

I already did both Ataraxia quests, but only on "normal" yet.

And, as I said before, my Ranger is about level 11 - will reach level 12 with a bit of good luck around friday.

Easter is indeed a difficult time. I'm not quite sure what is planned, but the family members meet around that time, usually.
Additionally, my mother has her birthday tomorrow, and although she didn't say anything about it, it might well be that the family does get together this weekend for a restaurant meal or something else. (Our familiy usually still sticks together to some extend, we have relatively close family ties here. That's tradition in my family, I don't know how it is elsewhere.) On he other hand it could also be that one of my aunts is having her birthday party this weekend, too (she has her birthday this week, too). But since I've been unplugging from the other family birthday parties (2 uncles, 2 aunts, 2 cousins … makes 6 parties per year, with most of 'em being in winter & spring) I think I can manage to be available on Friday. (At one point I simply got fed up with this frequency of birthday of parties … I decided to withdraw, then.)

@Corwin, can you please try to promote my Ranger ? I'd like to try out the "message of the day" thing, if possible.

I want to do it because there are again several Artificer scrolls available in the Guild Chest - plus still the "swaying mushroom cluster" I had taken from our Lordsmarch quest run. Please someone take it ! Because I have no use for it.
(Lordsmarch Plaza Collectors : http://ddowiki.com/page/Collectable#Lordsmarch_Plaza )

Jm has her Artificer in that range. I think the only one who didn't was Peter, and he pugged his Cleric out to get to that point.

You also have Alrik who can possibly fill in at 11, though I don't know if his schedule will allow for the late nights like Peter's does.

I'm going to check with the other machinist and see if he'll swap with me, but it's a long shot. A bit like using a .22LR in place of a .50BMG sniper rifle for a 5 mile shot. So don't count on it. I'm more likely to walk off and quit than get a shift change. Otherwise it's until July or I get another job. July we rotate.

You also have Alrik who can possibly fill in at 11, though I don't know if his schedule will allow for the late nights like Peter's does.

Yes, that's a serious issue, I'm afraid.

I just can't stay awake for a whole night long. I just can't. The only exception would be if I was sleeping for 1-2 hours before the run.
But at least around 3 in the morning here (local time) I must go to bed because I'm ultimatively tired, then.

And, to be frank, I don't know how Peter does it. I have high respect for him being able to stay awake a night long.

But on the other hand I'm an HSP, and they are prone to become "overloaded" (and getting tired because of that) over time, that's simply a normal trait to sensitive people. It's normal for "us". They indeed need to get more sleep than other people need do.

Edit : An official statement on the Bags : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4390185#post4390185

Edit : A list regarding "bane" waepons : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367914

Last edited:
I wouldn't shelve the current crop of TRs. I can pug Fireflash easily enough to keep up, and should be able to get more time in on Sundays since I don't have to be up at 2am. We could push a sun session in, for those who can swing it, so the current friday characters can remain active.

Sunday might work for me but that is Corwin's Monday AM and Peter would most likely have to be at work or working and might not be able to stay up. We could possibly do it on occassions. Man oh man............real life can suck at times......,
Anyway we need to talk it out Friday. I will try to log on a little earlier and if everyone else does, we can chat about options then and catch Peter up during the week.

BTW there was a small update added...should only be a few min but just giving a heads up on it.

I could run most Sundays, but it would need to be earlier. Instead of 7-midnight, I'd have to do something like 3-8 or 4-9. That would have Corwin getting up at like 5am and Peter would still be finishing at 2-3am, which probably wouldn't work for them.

One other option might present itself. I'm looking at getting another computer in a month or two. Haven't worked out all the financial details yet, but I think I can make it work. If that happens, my oldest would get back in the game since I'd be able to run with her. Her lvl11 ranger (Fairythief) is a mess (build is a copy of Wouldii, which was good but not great, and she's got horrible gear), so I'd probably start a new toon for both her and I, but as first lifers we'd catch up to the group pretty quickly. If it made more sense to run the lvl11, we'd have to march her thru some packs (come to think of it, I'd have to buy her the packs since she's on her own account) to get her functional.

What's Trevor doing?

I thought of that after I posted. Not much of a good solution for me any way you look at it.

At any rate, even one down you should be fine. Carry a hireling so Jm isn't so overloaded on healing duties. I can probably keep up if I want to, though I may just leave her there for the time being and focus on other characters.

Back
Top Bottom